Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD refund attempt: Tesla rep is lying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they finally called and said they couldn't refund the FSD. I don't appreciate them stringing me along for 3 days. Apparently it's easy to delete the software, but the paperwork is insurmountable. Returning the car tomorrow morning. We'll go without for a while. Waiting for a Stealth Performance model with the right color and interior. Apparently the dealers can order them, but customers can't. This is making less and less sense.

So, they finally called and said they couldn't refund the FSD. I don't appreciate them stringing me along for 3 days. Apparently it's easy to delete the software, but the paperwork is insurmountable. Returning the car tomorrow morning. We'll go without for a while. Waiting for a Stealth Performance model with the right color and interior. Apparently the dealers can order them, but customers can't. This is making less and less sense.

Maybe just buy something else, you aren't going to change Tesla.

Reactions: super20g
Tesla needs to figure out a way to stop burning money. Maybe most customers just give up and keep the car?
Hope you find a stealth Performance, it's definitely the best bargain.

Unfortunately I was pretty sure that was going to be their answer. They are just weird about those things.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the dealers can order the Stealth models. Tesla does not have any dealers. They only sell direct.

Tesla must have a lot of nearly new cars that were rejected over paperwork issues, minor paint defects etc.

Very stupid way to run a business. I'm returning the car and not buying another one. Low-butt seat hurt my back anyway. Now they'll have to resell it at a discount.
Once you get an inside look at how tesla operates, your jaw just drops at how big of a mess they are with their policies and procedures let alone the current state of service... They are selling cars, they don't care about customers with problems right now. They sure will once demand starts to stagnate...

Yes, I'm starting to see that. Elon should give me a call. I'll tell him how to fix things.

Once you get an inside look at how tesla operates, your jaw just drops at how big of a mess they are with their policies and procedures let alone the current state of service... They are selling cars, they don't care about customers with problems right now. They sure will once demand starts to stagnate...

Glad to see people returning their cars. Clearly Tesla is a company that needs to learn everything the hard way. They've made an amazing product with the model 3, but their treatment of customers is ridiculously bad. It's the kind of customer experience I would expect from a criminal enterprise.

...and yes, lying profusely is part of the company ethos.

No one responded! I'm keeping my car forever and I'll demand FSD when it's available. Not buying anymore Teslas.

Sorry to hear about that. I must be lucky because my local SC has been very responsive and professional, and I feel like the excellent quality of my Model 3 has matched my excellent customer service as well. I'm sorry your situation has been different and I wish you luck in whatever future car makes you the happiest.

mod note: 7 posts moved to snippiness. Most of those posts were posts that either quoted the posts that qualified for snippiness, or quoted posts that quoted posts that qualified for snippiness, or... If you had valuable things to say, check out the link, copy and paste your information into a new post and post it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I agree to bro.
Again this is a perfect example of a contract. You give them money in advance and in exchange they provide you a discount on the product. This is a perfectly legal and binding contract. If they then decide to take away said discount and change it in to something else like Early Access Program they have broken the contract and its no longer binding. I can accept the new contract or ask for the return of my money.
I actually agree with this instead =)

I disagree and ppl who bought FSD has not received anything yet. just like a preorder with anything, refunds should be possible if one does not receive a product. or at least change to current prices. Tesla is turning out to be a shoddy company with their crap about once ordered will become part of vehicle configuration nonsense. It is something can be turned off just as it was turned on easily.
Totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.