Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD refund attempt: Tesla rep is lying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone really believe that a Tesla would be truly full self driving (as in take a nap and wake up when you get there) any time in the near future (like less than 5 years)? It always seemed so far fetched to me that I never really took it seriously.

That was the promise and remember they were peddling that fake FSD video as real and just needing regulatory approval.

Reactions: SergeyUser
That was the promise and remember they were peddling that fake FSD video as real and just needing regulatory approval.
That was not promised in the description of FSD on the order page. Granted, the current FSD description is more restrictive than the last description was, but it was never described on the order page as something where you could take a nap while it was in use.

Is it not the case that early adopters of FSD now have (E)AP, FSD, and early access, thus being more than the original contract?
That depends on what they deliver with FSD. The current description for FSD to me seems more limited than the past description. Tesla could deliver what's being described under FSD currently while still not providing what was described in the earlier contract for FSD.

That depends on what they deliver with FSD. The current description for FSD to me seems more limited than the past description. Tesla could deliver what's being described under FSD currently while still not providing what was described in the earlier contract for FSD.

Right, but (I think) we are talking about the case where someone purchased FSD under the old wording and us now getting easly access as an offset to the pricing changes. I don't see that changing the original agreement. Those that did not upgrade to FSD until the recent price change/ wording change would be under the new description but would not have early access (I think, it's been more than 24 hours since I looked at the flow chart)
My feeling / hope is that FSD will improve over time to the original feature set, but they are setting realistic short term expectations for purchasers.

General comment regarding the FSD video, here is the blog page that goes with it.
All Tesla Cars Being Produced Now Have Full Self-Driving Hardware

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I wasn't too interested in self-driving, but bought specifically for parking - to keep me from bumping into the sides of the garage door, and other stuff inside, turned slightly toward the right to avoid a large freezer, but without hitting the the post on the right side. Pretty clear it's not going to work. The delivery guy was unable to demonstrate it. Since it won't do what I need, I tried to return the FSD portion of the car. First response was that I would have to return the entire car (and purchase another one I didn't like as well). Tried again, and now they're considering just removing the FSD and crediting me 6k. Thought process is that returning the entire car would cost them more than just erasing some software - refund notwithstanding. Waiting 3 days for resolution, so far.... maybe today somebody will call me. They have a lot of excuses.

I wasn't too interested in self-driving, but bought specifically for parking - to keep me from bumping into the sides of the garage door, and other stuff inside, turned slightly toward the right to avoid a large freezer, but without hitting the the post on the right side. Pretty clear it's not going to work. The delivery guy was unable to demonstrate it. Since it won't do what I need, I tried to return the FSD portion of the car. First response was that I would have to return the entire car (and purchase another one I didn't like as well). Tried again, and now they're considering just removing the FSD and crediting me 6k. Thought process is that returning the entire car would cost them more than just erasing some software - refund notwithstanding. Waiting 3 days for resolution, so far.... maybe today somebody will call me. They have a lot of excuses.
Just make sure the 7 day clock doesn't run out.

Reactions: Brnn
This is very important, just take the car back and don't believe a word they say about a refund on FSD. Do not let them delay past the 7 day return, if you don't have the cash in hand return the car.
Agreed. Best course of action is to return the car right now. I doubt they're going to refund the FSD money but it seems like you actually showing up to return it might get them to make an exception. If you don't have a check by the deadline I would return the car. Right now you have the leverage, after 7 days you won't.

Reactions: JasonR67
Going over there now! Few more days left, wish us luck. If I have to return the car, they'll only let me buy another one with different trim (of course the lack of FSD isn't considered different trim). Backup plan is to just buy the replacement car in my wife's name. She should be able order whatever she (we) want.

Going over there now! Few more days left, wish us luck. If I have to return the car, they'll only let me buy another one with different trim (of course the lack of FSD isn't considered different trim). Backup plan is to just buy the replacement car in my wife's name. She should be able order whatever she (we) want.
Good luck! I hope Tesla does the sensible thing.

Tesla used to have a 60 day trial for AP/EAP where you could try it out before deciding. Now that AP comes standard you would only be testing the advanced features like summon, NOA, and lane change. It’s important to test these things out before committing because they don’t always work the way you might expect them to. I’ll be curious to see if Tesla will refund the FSD portion of the purchase. It’s the logical thing to do but we know Tesla does not always operate logically.

We waited for about an hour while the manager was working the issue. Must be a lot of work. Finally we had to leave. They're supposed to call us back later. And/or, the receptionist said we could call today at 4pm for status. I think tomorrow I'll just have to cancel the deal, return the whole car. If they make me wait, with no answer on the return, I'll write up a declarative statement of my intent attempt to return within the 7 day window, then go it notarized and get my wife to sign as witness. Ridiculous, but true.

Tesla used to have a 60 day trial for AP/EAP where you could try it out before deciding. Now that AP comes standard you would only be testing the advanced features like summon, NOA, and lane change. It’s important to test these things out before committing because they don’t always work the way you might expect them to. I’ll be curious to see if Tesla will refund the FSD portion of the purchase. It’s the logical thing to do but we know Tesla does not always operate logically.

Well except for standard cars, I don't have AP and neither do any others with the standard model ;)

I called too and got the same response at first. After persisting the rep said when I made the FSD add on purchase, I agreed to no refund policy that was mentioned in bold letters.
I had printed the FSD description and agreement at the time I purchased FSD and there was no such mention. I called back and informed them and they said the accounting department will contact me in 5 days. It's 8 days now and no updates.
I'll update when I hear back from them.
If anyone had any luck, please post.

How did your situation end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.