Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Steering Weight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How was that not equivalence ? I’m saying an fsd weighted steering wheel is safer than someone texting and driving or drinking and driving ..look at the accident data it’s very clear…I’m not saying its totally safe but if your going have a few drinks( like most people do) I would hope you would have a weighted steering wheel…every time I’m on the the freeway I see at least one Person who can’t keep a lane because of texting

Last edited:
Reactions: JediJD
Now that we've established how rotten, horrible, and uncaring anyone is who uses one, and the risks involved...I've looked all over for one for the yoke, but all I've found is kind of a slinky weighted flexible bar they are selling in China that wraps around the yoke wheel outer edge, sort of like a candy cane stripe...certainly not an elegant look for an elegant car. Anyone seen any better options...for testing and offroad purposes only, of course.

Have you checked eBay? Last I checked they offered at least 3 different styles. Including on that clipped to the back being more or less invisible, compared to the more common design. It also is more likely to be comparable with the aftermarket wheels.

Have you checked eBay? Last I checked they offered at least 3 different styles. Including on that clipped to the back being more or less invisible, compared to the more common design. It also is more likely to be comparable with the aftermarket wheels.

I had seen those, but couldn't get confirmation that style actually fit. None of the pictures show a yoke, and none of the details specifically say that it fits a yoke. Happy to give it a try and report back though. Thanks! I can tell you with certainty that the molded metal ring with the magnets that fits the regular wheel doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
I had seen those, but couldn't get confirmation that style actually fit. None of the pictures show a yoke, and none of the details specifically say that it fits a yoke. Happy to give it a try and report back though. Thanks! I can tell you with certainty that the molded metal ring with the magnets that fits the regular wheel doesn't work at all.

The part that attaches to the wheel itself might not attach to the yoke. But the large part should attach to the spoke since that seems unchanged with most yokes being modified factory wheels. In which case tot could use some kind of quality tape to keep it in place. Hopefully hidden in the back.

The traditional / original curved one has magnets that often become unglued from the metal due to the force of the magnets pulling on each other. Some black electrical tape is all but invisible and keeps them together better. Just not as easy to put on and take off is all.

There’s also this one that due to where and how it attaches might be perfect for a yoke. But I’ve not seen these types get very cheap.

Early on, my car would go 5 minutes without nagging me, they added the bag every 15, 30 seconds because people didn't monitor, it was legal 5 years ago not to touch the wheel every few seconds, it's legal not to touch Cadillac Super cruise for 100 miles, it's just as legal not to have to touch the steering wheel non stop, until Tesla turns on their monitoring camera (and all of a sudden it'll be "legal" not to touch the steering) weights it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.