Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD TIMEOUTS WITH LITTLE OR NO WARNING

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had FSD beta since the roll out with the safety score trials a few years ago. Since them I’ve had little problem with getting timeouts (or whatever you call them when u don’t apply pressure to steering wheel long enough and autosteer is unavailable for rest of drive. I’d say I would get 2-3 a year on average. Something has changed with the last software update. I seem to be getting kicked off with little or no warning. No blinking blue screen no beeping just a big red steering wheel and I’m forced to take control immediately. I got 5 in the last 2 weeks and I’ve been suspended for 1 week. Has anyone else been experiencing this recently and Is there any way to remedy this?

I’ve had FSD beta since the roll out with the safety score trials a few years ago. Since them I’ve had little problem with getting timeouts (or whatever you call them when u don’t apply pressure to steering wheel long enough and autosteer is unavailable for rest of drive. I’d say I would get 2-3 a year on average. Something has changed with the last software update. I seem to be getting kicked off with little or no warning. No blinking blue screen no beeping just a big red steering wheel and I’m forced to take control immediately. I got 5 in the last 2 weeks and I’ve been suspended for 1 week. Has anyone else been experiencing this recently and Is there any way to remedy this?

Nags were to be eliminated in 1/2023:

If that was not enough, in 5/2024 it should be gone, too:

If that not enough, just wait a little longer!

Nags were to be eliminated in 1/2023:

If that was not enough, in 5/2024 it should be gone, too:

If that not enough, just wait a little longer!
1716867148524.png

I've had that 3 times in the last 2 years, the latest on 2024.3.25. Perhaps coincidentally all 3 were when the cruise speed was set to 80+ MPH with fairly complex situations. I've also had a few immediate audible alerts (no toaster popup, no flashy lights) that I've been able to quickly resolve. I'm on HW3 and it felt like computer lag.

Just a SWAG, of course.