Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD to 2K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone get the discount FSD for 2K upgrade after you already have EAP? saw the people was talking about in model 3. I do not see it when I login to my tesla account. Is this 3K or 2K price specific to model? 3 vs S vs X
According to the officials announcement on 1st of March, you will see the new price “next month” (April). Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

New price of $2k showed up in my account this morning (as of yesterday, it was $3K).

I have a December 2016 X with HW2 with EAP (enhanced autopilot).

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 5.38.56 AM.png

Reactions: gangzoom
Will you buy just AP or AP+FSD? I am on the same boat, probably will at least get AP, but am wondering whether I should gamble with $3k knowing that FSD may not come as early as promised.

Depends if you want EAP. If you look at the language, those without EAP will get AP+FSD for $5,000 (what EAP cost originally) NoA, autopark, summon, etc used to be a part of EAP and those with EAP and without FSD already have those features.

In the new structure, they’ve been removed from the new AP package (which is no longer called enhanced Autopilot) and added to the new FSD package. So if you’ve always wanted EAP then you should get both.

69F13D78-FBF5-4BC9-AE4E-B4F31E37AF11.jpeg

5A31164F-6052-456F-9A5D-A3852EA8FB84.jpeg

The question is for those with EAP, what do we get for $2,000? The language on the two screens are very different. Attached for a non-AP car as well as a EAP car.

634967BB-F80F-4AC5-9850-AEC881307BEF.jpeg

Will you buy just AP or AP+FSD? I am on the same boat, probably will at least get AP, but am wondering whether I should gamble with $3k knowing that FSD may not come as early as promised.
I bought it all for 5k. I figure that eventually I'd get FSD anyway, so I might as well take advantage of the really reduced price. I didn't want to risk the price eventually going back up and missing out...

Plus, a few weeks ago I was really considering dropping the 5k on just EAP, so to get both for the same price made it an easy sell for me.

£4900 now for FSD in UK. Non AP 2.0HW car.

At work right now, left my credit card at home, will be ordering tonight:).

My 2.5 EAP 2018 MX is now showing £2k for the upgrade, which is not worth it for the extra features. Going from non AP to FSD for £4900 is a pretty good deal, but it's still a lot of cash for what is essentially still EAP. I had to think twice about adding £4700 for EAP into a 4 year PCP deal with guaranteed residual, but I certainly wouldn't want to be stumping up all that cash on an existing car. It's good, but I can think of better ways to spend £5k.

Can you not get the AP upgrade for £2k, which gives you 99% of what you are missing here ie. TACC + AS. Summon, Autopark etc are not worth another £2,900 and true FSD is still a pipe dream.

I want to buy it but am still not entirely sure what I will get with EAP already purchased. And what I'll miss out on without purchasing FSD? Will I get HW3 upgrade? Seems like a lot of conjecture. Maybe I'll wait and see how it plays out. Hopefully the $2k FSD upgrade price remains "as is" until it becomes more clear so I know exactly what I'm getting for my money.

I want to buy it but am still not entirely sure what I will get with EAP already purchased. And what I'll miss out on without purchasing FSD? Will I get HW3 upgrade? Seems like a lot of conjecture. Maybe I'll wait and see how it plays out. Hopefully the $2k FSD upgrade price remains "as is" until it becomes more clear so I know exactly what I'm getting for my money.
I'm in the same boat as you, tempted to pull the trigger for wanting to get the most of my X with AP2 and EAP already paid for... but details are just so sketchy at the moment. I really expected better from Elon.

Where do you guys see the option to upgrade? Is it under Manage, in the same place where details of your X, supercharging and documents show up? I bought my X used, and it has EAP, but I'm not sure if FSD was purchased already... I can't find the upgrade option anywhere on the tesla site though...

I paid $5k for EAP when I bought the car last year. If I add FSD now (+ $2k) will take total to $7k.

If I had not selected EAP initially, would it have cost me $5k total now ($3k AP + $2k FSD)?