Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD to 2K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid $5k for EAP when I bought the car last year. If I add FSD now (+ $2k) will take total to $7k.

If I had not selected EAP initially, would it have cost me $5k total now ($3k AP + $2k FSD)?
Yes... I received my car in July '18 and didn't buy it with EAP or FSD. Cost me $5300 (with tax) today to get them both.

@clyjr After I purchased both today, they've completely disappeared from my vehicle management page. It's possible you already have FSD, which is why it's not showing up there.

Done, gone from no AP at all to AP+FSD :)

Not cheap but previous UK price for AP post delivery was £5600, and £10,800 for FSD. 20k in and I know our X is a keeper, so sub £5k isnt much to pay to future proof the car, and a decent 'saving' compared to buying AP alone when new.

40347597163_16c6bfd916_z_d.jpg

If you already purchased EAP you won’t lose the functions you already have. IE nav on autopilot Is not going away for you.

I know, rather I assumed that. What is strange in my case is that I already paid for FSD 6 months ago ($4k after delivery price at the time). But Tesla still is offering me the ability to purchase FSD for $2k. It was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. I have an inquiry in, but no response yet.

Yes... I received my car in July '18 and didn't buy it with EAP or FSD. Cost me $5300 (with tax) today to get them both.

@clyjr After I purchased both today, they've completely disappeared from my vehicle management page. It's possible you already have FSD, which is why it's not showing up there.
Great.... so on top of the massive headline price drop it is costing me more for for ordering EAP to begin with and adding FSD now vs not ordering originally and adding both features now

Got mine last night $5k for both [ never bought any before } got my car 11/18, once you buy it , it disappear as an option from your page, it i was $11k to buy till 9 pm yesterday, once it was changed i got it

I've been trying to buy AP+FSD at the new prices since the announcement but my account page was never updated. I wrote Tesla twice and they haven't responded in a week. Now Tesla is saying the prices are going back up on Monday. I'm on hold with Customer Service now, maybe they can process it over the phone. Can't say this about face has given me a lot of confidence in the company. In case anyone else is in the same boat, I'll follow up with what customer service has to say.

A well oiled machine, these Tesla folks. I got a call back from customer service who said they couldn't help me and transferred me to service who said they couldn't help me. The guy at service, "talked to the guys," who then gave me a random price of $8k and that I needed to call a special "inside sales number where you won't have to wait." Want to guess what that number was? The general customer service line that I had called in the first place. Have you ever heard of a company try so hard not to take a customer's money?

• Love
Reactions: jeffro01
A well oiled machine, these Tesla folks. I got a call back from customer service who said they couldn't help me and transferred me to service who said they couldn't help me. The guy at service, "talked to the guys," who then gave me a random price of $8k and that I needed to call a special "inside sales number where you won't have to wait." Want to guess what that number was? The general customer service line that I had called in the first place. Have you ever heard of a company try so hard not to take a customer's money?

sorry to hear that - given next week it will be another updated. I doubt tesla is still rolling out the discount price to these who didn't get a chance to update. you may need to pay the old price which everyone was asking Elon to change back. You may lose your change to get 7K discount (5k for both EAP + FSD) vs (after 18th - 11K for EAP + FSD)

I'm in the same situation.

1. Contacted online chat support about the price on the website is $3,000 for the FSD upgrade. They said they have nothing to do with it. They told me to contact my local service center.
2. I went to the local service center this morning. They quoted me $5,000 for FSD. I explained my situation and they said - whatever I see on the website, I have to pay at that price. They can't do anything to adjust the price for me. They told me to contact the customer support again.
3. An hour ago, I chatted with online support and explained the thing again. Now they said my price should be $2,000 but they are still rolling out the price update. The latest would be this Friday. If not, I have to contact them again.

Now I know I'm a second-grade customer!

I'm in the same situation.

1. Contacted online chat support about the price on the website is $3,000 for the FSD upgrade. They said they have nothing to do with it. They told me to contact my local service center.
2. I went to the local service center this morning. They quoted me $5,000 for FSD. I explained my situation and they said - whatever I see on the website, I have to pay at that price. They can't do anything to adjust the price for me. They told me to contact the customer support again.
3. An hour ago, I chatted with online support and explained the thing again. Now they said my price should be $2,000 but they are still rolling out the price update. The latest would be this Friday. If not, I have to contact them again.

Now I know I'm a second-grade customer!

After 8 days, Customer Service wrote me back saying that it should be $5k for AP+FSD for my vehicle. At least I have that in writing from Tesla along with a written record of me trying to make the purchase. I suspect the odds of my account page getting updated with the correct price before Monday are extremely low, especially now that they are walking back the price change. I spoke with two CS agents today and the second one said she'd work on it for me and call me back. We'll see. It's pretty clear nobody knows what's going on or if there's any way for anyone in CS to make this right. The prices listed in our account pages are probably dependent on a wildly overworked IT department that manages a hodgepodge of Salesforce databases that can't be edited on a case by case basis.

I love Tesla's mission, their technology, and what they've been able to accomplish but the level of disorganization is really disconcerting. I am full on fanboy and can accept Elon's elastic relationship with truth and accuracy but nobody likes seeing their team commit so many unforced errors. Are there any other examples of a large company announcing huge pricing and staffing changes and then rolling them back days later? Can you imagine how discouraging it would be if you worked in Tesla sales and woke up one day to hear via tweet that you were going to lose your job only to hear you'd missed the ax a week later because the plan was just another one of Elon's late night fever dreams rather than a carefully planned staffing reduction to free up cashflow? I know I'd be looking for a new job either way. I really hope the board hires and empowers a strong COO to help organize the company. Elon may be a "visionary" but there's no way to spin the last week as anything other than a colossal screw up that reeks of desperation and rot. I love you Tesla but you make it hard.

Reactions: r0xx0r and posity