Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD transfer: What's the current installation rate of HW4 on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you tell if you have matrix lights? And why are they better?
At this point in time if your car was built at Fremont, China or Berlin you have the "Global" ie Matrix lights.
If your car is built in Austin TX then you will have the "Premium" non-matrix lights.
If 7th digit in the VIN is "F" then that is from Fremont. If it is an "A" then built in Austin.
You can do a quick google search to see the visual difference but easiest way to tell is the matrix lights have a round projector bulb towards the outside of the light cluster.

Apologies if this has already been answered in here. I just put a deposit down on an inventory Y LR. I am using the FSD transfer. I had a notification in my app with a Yes No choice to transfer it. I hit yes yesterday. My old 3 still seems to have FSD yet. If that gets removed from the 3, would I be in the clear to sell the car before delivery? I'd like to use that sale to goose my down payment if possible.

FSD Beta version 11.4.X works on HW4 but is being kept back on an old base FW (2023.7.X). The only people that have 11.4.X are employees and early beta testers (influencers) but only a few of those have it on a HW4 car because most influencers have HW3 cars. Only when Tesla releases a base FW greater than 11.26.8 that also includes FSD Beta 11.4.X or higher will the new purchasers of FSD on HW4 cars get access to FSDBeta.

My new HW4 Model Y came with firmware 2023.20.200. I see on TeslaFi that 2023.26.10 with FSD Beta 11.4.4 is rolling out this week. So is my car eligible to install this version in theory?

My new HW4 Model Y came with firmware 2023.20.200. I see on TeslaFi that 2023.26.10 with FSD Beta 11.4.4 is rolling out this week. So is my car eligible to install this version in theory?
Same here. Took delivery of 2023 model y on 8/18. Car is on 2023.20.200 and my FSD transfer has not gone through yet from my 2018 Model 3. Tesla has assured me it will at the next software update. Patiently waiting.

IMG_5206.jpeg

Same here. Took delivery of 2023 model y on 8/18. Car is on 2023.20.200 and my FSD transfer has not gone through yet from my 2018 Model 3. Tesla has assured me it will at the next software update. Patiently waiting.

View attachment 969171
That doesn't make sense. Having the FSD Package and having the software to actually do FSD are different.

I took delivery of my MYP last Thurs and was privately selling my 2019 M3P. I had accepted the FSD transfer in the app prior to delivery and completed the form which had both VIN's on it.
Quite literally within a couple of seconds of 'Accepting' the new car in the app, it showed it had been upgraded to FSD.
When I got home, the M3P had a message that it had been restored to original Autopilot and I was able to take along to a dealer for the trade-in.

As mentioned earlier, there is no FSD software currently released that works on HW4, we just have to wait. But your car should still be showing it has the FSD package.

That doesn't make sense. Having the FSD Package and having the software to actually do FSD are different.

I took delivery of my MYP last Thurs and was privately selling my 2019 M3P. I had accepted the FSD transfer in the app prior to delivery and completed the form which had both VIN's on it.
Quite literally within a couple of seconds of 'Accepting' the new car in the app, it showed it had been upgraded to FSD.
When I got home, the M3P had a message that it had been restored to original Autopilot and I was able to take along to a dealer for the trade-in.

As mentioned earlier, there is no FSD software currently released that works on HW4, we just have to wait. But your car should still be showing it has the FSD package.
I agree. At delivery, when FSD didn't transfer once I accepted the car in the app, I mentioned it to the sales associate. He said it can take up to 72 hours to transfer. I explained to him that I'd read most people online say the switch happens within minutes of accepting delivery. He told me that is not always the case, and I should just wait 3 days.

The following Monday (4th day post delivery) I called Tesla and someone on the phone explained to me that a "manual step" that had to be taken for all FSD transfers, usually before the delivery appointment, had not been taken. They assured it me it had then while I was on the phone with them and I should wait 1 more day as the transfer on my account showed them the status "In-Progress."

Two days later (6th day post delivery) still no transfer. I called again and was told to wait until Friday (7 days post delivery), because they were backed up and being told it can take up to a week now. I explained how that didn't jive with the previous 2 things I was told, and they told me there was nothing they could do and I just have to wait and be patient. Good thing I wasn't planning on selling the Model 3 as I know of some others are who are also in my situation and need that money.

On the 25th, a full week after taking delivery, I called and explained that I was concerned I was not going to get the transfer and that something is clearly messed up. They told me they would look into it more and get back to me. Then I got the email i posted above. I just replied to it with this:

"I just do not understand why my transfer is not working like almost every other FSD transfer I am reading about.
Others seem to have had the option to accept the FSD transfer in the app prior to taking delivery. I did not.
Then, at delivery, once the new vehicle is accepted in the app, it reportedly should take a matter of seconds before showing the new vehicle had been upgraded to FSD. This was not my experience.
I neither had the option to accept the FSD transfer in the app prior to taking delivery, nor did the FSD become available on the Model Y I took delivery of once I did. It still has not.
On a call with a Tesla rep last week, I was told that a "manual step" that had to be done was not done. They told me they had that manual step done while I was on hold, and my account showed "In-Progress". Still, today, nothing changed.
I am wondering if this "manual step" had to have happened before I took delivery in order for me to accept the FSD transfer in the app. I was never prompted to do so.
My Model Y is still in the factory version of 2023.20.200 (as indicated by the three digit final number). I know the Hardware 4 FSD version 2023.26.11 is rolling out now. Is there some way you can push this to my vehicle?"

My Model Y is still in the factory version of 2023.20.200 (as indicated by the three digit final number). I know the Hardware 4 FSD version 2023.26.11 is rolling out now. Is there some way you can push this to my vehicle?"

Just to your last point in your email to Tesla. My Y is still on 2023.20.200, and probably will be for a while. However, as I mentioned the FSD capability has nothing to do with the firmware version. Your software page in the car will show Full FSD Capability once the car has it, regardless of the software version.

Just to your last point in your email to Tesla. My Y is still on 2023.20.200, and probably will be for a while. However, as I mentioned the FSD capability has nothing to do with the firmware version. Your software page in the car will show Full FSD Capability once the car has it, regardless of the software version.
I don't think the advisors have any idea what is going on and are just hoping that by the time my car updates from the factory firmware in 2-6 weeks, it will be resolved. They're feeding me a line that they probably think most owners will just take and be ok with, but as you said, we know the firmware version and FSD features are not linked together in any way. I'm ok to wait for the FSD transfer, but knowing they are BSing me makes me less confident that they are actually fixing the problem.