Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still happy I purchased. Yes it’s Elon’s timeline, but I still believe I’ll get to enjoy some features for the money paid. If it’s true he is lowering to 2k for those with EAP, I’ll be even more happy with the purchase. I’ll give a few days and call them to get the 1k difference refunded.

Upgraded last night, they said it usually takes and hour to upload to car. This morning I still don’t have the notification. Online spec sheet is missing and car hasn’t updated. I’m sure the servers are running at max. Did anyone else who purchased get the update?

Last edited:
Can you please link directly to your source for this quote?

I see Elon’s commitment, via Twitter;

GK on Twitter

FFE8FC62-7123-40AA-AE1A-BAE8850E75F0.jpeg

So if someone bought EAP+FSD at delivery, it would be $8k
If I buy EAP, and FSD now, it’s $7k ($5k +$2k)
If someone bought no AP, both EAP and FSD is $5k (3k+2k)
So the more money you gave tesla early on, the worse of a deal you got for an identical product?

So if someone bought EAP+FSD at delivery, it would be $8k
If I buy EAP, and FSD now, it’s $7k ($5k +$2k)
If someone bought no AP, both EAP and FSD is $5k (3k+2k)
So the more money you gave tesla early on, the worse of a deal you got for an identical product?
Yes but I got to use EAP for 2 years already! AND they sent me a check for 150$ as part of an EAP settlement.

Still happy I purchased. Yes it’s Elon’s timeline, but I still believe I’ll get to enjoy some features for the money paid. If it’s true he is lowering to 2k for those with EAP, I’ll be even more happy with the purchase. I’ll give a few days and call them to get the 1k difference refunded.

Upgraded last night, they said it usually takes and hour to upload to car. This morning I still don’t have the notification. Online spec sheet is missing and car hasn’t updated. I’m sure the servers are running at max. Did anyone else who purchased get the update?

I bought it back in October, still no indication on the web page.

Newest official update:

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

My Model X has EAP. I'd have to fork out extra $3k for FSD (or 1k less than my 2018 post-delivery price of 4k).

My Model 3 had nothing. I'd have to pay $5k ($2k+3k) for both AP+FSD. Seems like a better deal here.

Wait...My non-FSD already has NoA, lane change, etc. The only thing on that list I don’t have is the traffic lights. What am I paying for? Or what am I about to lose??

- Confirmed on a non-AP enabled car HW 2.0 hardware car. AP + FSD went up in price by $1,000 from a week ago. From $10,000 online to $11,000 online.

- There’s also individual Autopilot for $4,000 but it doesn’t refer to it as “Enhanced Autopilot” anymore. The features are even less than the original Autopilot with convenience features. “Enableds your car to steer, accelerate, brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane”

- Confirmed on an EAP HW 2.0 car. FSD decreased in price by $2,000 over a week ago and is currently at $3,000 online.

Interestingly enough, the non AP car has text that reflects NoA, Autopark, Summon - all of which my EAP has - for the FSD.

The EAP car, which already has those features states “All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go.”

Something seems off...

Wait...My non-FSD already has NoA, lane change, etc. The only thing on that list I don’t have is the traffic lights. What am I paying for? Or what am I about to lose??

- Confirmed on a non-AP enabled car HW 2.0 hardware car. AP + FSD went up in price by $1,000 from a week ago. From $10,000 online to $11,000 online.

- There’s also individual Autopilot for $4,000 but it doesn’t refer to it as “Enhanced Autopilot” anymore. The features are even less than the original Autopilot with convenience features. “Enableds your car to steer, accelerate, brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane”

- Confirmed on an EAP HW 2.0 car. FSD decreased in price by $2,000 over a week ago and is currently at $3,000 online.

Interestingly enough, the non AP car has text that reflects NoA, Autopark, Summon - all of which my EAP has - for the FSD.

The EAP car, which already has those features states “All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go.”

Something seems off...
Let me define the terms first:
EAP (discontinued) - Enhanced Autopilot. Features included: TACC, autosteer, summon, autopark, NoA on freeway
FSD prior to 2/28/19 (discontinued) - Fully self driving. All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go

AP - vanilla Autopilot for HW2/+. Features included: TACC, autosteer
FSD - vanilla AP plus summon, autopark, NoA on freeway. To be released later this year*: Stop sigh and light recognition, NoA on city streets

When you already have EAP enabled, you are paying for specific FSD features to be released, namely stop/light recognition, NoA on city streets. You are not going to lose anything with EAP. All features are grandfathered in. As of TODAY having EAP is same as having AP+FSD.

- on non-AP enabled car with HW2/+, the post-delivery price is currently incorrect in your account profile. The correct price will go live next month. $2k for vanilla AP (TACC and autosteer) and $3k for FSD (EAP features plus to be released stop/light and NoA city streets).

- on EAP enabled car, the current post-delivery price for FSD is also incorrect for $3k. It will be updated to $2k. There’s currently no new features in FSD. Tesla stated new FSD features will arrive later this year, again, stop/light and NoA on city streets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yinn and MIT_S60
I would not buy, upgrade or purchase anything from Tesla right now.....I would hold off for at least a month.

Some many things are up in the air right now with AP, updates and battery range.

Exactly. Completely irrational to buy now, when you get nothing for it, and then have to worry about trying to get the $1k back. Save the money and earn interest on it until it's corrected to $2k and you can actually benefit from buying it.