Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - Worth it? Price change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not worth it, but I recommend people buy it if they have the money because it helps Tesla's mission. :p

Future capability is of no value now and I'm not sold on "coming soon". Parking is mostly useless. Summon is a gimmick. Lane change is of real value (especially since they removed partial lane change from the base autopilot), but probably not more than $2K worth of value. But advancing sustainable clean energy technology, priceless! I'd say if you are well to do, go ahead and buy it. But if you have a budget, pass on it.

Reactions: Sherlo and tvad
Also ask yourself how long you plan to keep the car. I tend to switch cars about 3-4 years, therefore it was not worth it to me to spend 7k on the FSD development effort. I will see how it progresses in a few years from now and if the cost is reasonable I may add it to a future vehicle but I actually enjoy driving my M3P so I would never really engage it anyway.

Lol yeah.

Still scored the $1875 on top since we took delivery beginning of December.

Yes, which is why I switched to an inventory LRAWD from an ordered SR+ so I could also get the $1875. My inventory car was before the $1000 raise in price, so in the end, with the $1050 off MSRP, I saved a total of $4k. But decided to pocket that instead of giving Tesla $7k on a gamble.