Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FUD - Businesses insider "The star of 'Aladdin' claims a defect in his Tesla Model 3"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of the condition of the wheel assembly I’m pretty confident that it was still attached to some degree during impact. If the wheel assembly broke off before the impact into the tree, we would not see that much damage to the wheel itself, but it is mangled. If there was some kind of suspension damage before the impact, its certainly possible that it caused him to lose control of steering.

A few observations. The suspension knuckle broke off at the top, however I cannot seem to see any indication of its remainder left on the vehicle. It would be hanging off slightly at the top of the strut assembly. The rear lower control arm is relatively intact, and you can see the nut is still attached to the ball joint. On the knuckle, if you zoom in, you’ll see that it control arm pulled right out of the knuckle tearing the hole it was in.

I hope they took enough photos and inspected the car enough, as it’s in someone else’s hands now. It was sold at the auction months ago.

Attachments

• 7A87CE3A-4E23-4CB8-B709-A331C09E970B.jpeg
    7A87CE3A-4E23-4CB8-B709-A331C09E970B.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 98
  • EC48BD1C-D281-4F91-AFA1-4BA0A138526C.jpeg
    EC48BD1C-D281-4F91-AFA1-4BA0A138526C.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 95A320C5-6397-4383-A0DD-EA5A561C6152.jpeg
    95A320C5-6397-4383-A0DD-EA5A561C6152.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It is my opinion that the definition of a FUD article is exactly this one by Business Insider. This article throws unsubstantiated claims as if they were matter of fact.
One point about the accident. It took me several months to get used to driving Model 3 in Normal mode. I do not know if he was driving in Chill mode, but for some time I would have; at least until comfortable with the acceleration.

The title of the thread is" FUD Business Insider "article.
There are a lot of articles sowing Fear Uncertainty Distrust in Business Insider and also at Seeking Alpha and other mainstream media.
I see pictures of accidents with Bmws, Ford explorers, Mercedes, etc with wheels missing, overturned, caught on fire and no one is writing about them in this sneaky way.