Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full charge on x 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i know they suggest that you don't charge your battery to the max every day, but I was wondering if it even matters since the "max" is not really full capacity for the 60 as its software limited. Anyone who knows more about this than me want to weigh in?

Lots of conversation on this in the Model S forum. I think there are a few threads in this forum, as well.

Opinions vary. The consensus seems to be that it is safe to charge to 100%. There are anecdotal, moral and ethical reasons to believe that Tesla limits the top end of the pack.

Tesla will never give an official statement because it will confuse a lot of owners with so many different battery packs since production. It's like opening a can of worms.

There are still many who don't even know it's a 75 pack under the 60.

Reactions: openwyder
It is clear that there is at least some available capacity when charging the 60's to 100%. This is because regenerative braking is still available at 100% charge. IT would be fun to test how many Watt hours you can (regen) pump into your fully charged 60 until it shuts off the regen braking. I bet it's got at least 10 kWh at the top end.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal