Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self driving FSD group buy?

Would you buy FSD for 3k?

• Yes

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the chance we could get a group buy together for FSD?

Really wished I got FSD when they had it discounted last year (only bought autopilot for 2k/though that's now include "free").

Think we could get 500 people to go in at 3,000 each? I know that's only 1.5M but maybe Elon would be open to it as a group buy if we can get a good size commitment.

End of the day it would be a fair bit of profit for Tesla and we would get a fair deal.

giphy.gif

Let's get to 1k yes votes and I'll tweet Elon with the thread. If we can sneak it in before the end of the quarter as a Coronavirus discount, I really think we could get traction.

Very few cars are being built, so this is current owners way to give and get back.

Tesla might be clever and offer some sort of Autopilot upgrade for $1,200 when the Government checks begin to arrive is a few weeks.

Maybe something like the EAP they offered as a free upgrade to previous base Autopilot owners.

With the Fremont factory closed down, it would be a significant source of income at a time when owners would need a little cheering up.

Let's get to 1k yes votes and I'll tweet Elon with the thread. If we can sneak it in before the end of the quarter as a Coronavirus discount, I really think we could get traction.

Very few cars are being built, so this is current owners way to give and get back.

FSD is about to add it's first actual real features, ever, for original owners.

manual

Price is gonna go up, not down.

Of course I'd buy for $3k, but you missed a poll option
3. Do you think Tesla will agree

Also missing the most important ingredient.
What's in it for Tesla? - essentially nothing. You're asking them to sell something for a 50% less than they could otherwise sell it for with zero upside.
The price is just going to go up, not down.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
people who buy/afford teslas get 'government checks' ?

(bless their hearts)

Everyone with an AGI under $198,000 as a couple, or $99,000 individually gets one (though above 150k/75k they start getting progressively smaller until that cap)- and for those with kids I think you get $500 a kid regardless of income?

Given the cheapest Tesla costs more than the average new vehicle in the US I suspect more than a few owners will in fact be getting em.

• Disagree
Reactions: iaflyer and cgiGuy
Group buys really only work when there is a benefit to the manufacturer. If it’s time consuming to bring in customers and sell something. If you can sell 20 cars all on the same day because everyone has already agreed to the car and doesn’t need to waste three hours being talked into it and then talk about the price, it’s a benefit for them to discount it some (also it’s likely to help ensure manufacturer bonuses for them.)

Same with a production of something. Pre-sell 1,000 of them and they may be able to negotiate better prices on raw parts or assembly based on volume.

FSD is essentially free to Tesla. It’s in the app, requires a couple button presses and then over the air update. There is no benefit to them except for driving sales or adoption and Tesla has many more opportunities to do that rather then a random group buy... though I think Elon truly wants to protect the value idea with FSD by not offering discounts (or at least limiting them).

If a simple pushed message to the Tesla app offered 25% off for X amount of days if probably would drive as many sales as us here clicking on a poll... but who knows how many may hold off then when it’s back to the normal price because they think another discount is bound to happen...

I’m in the boat of believing that navigate on autopilot will eventually roll out as a basic AP feature (or at least user initiated lane change) once competitors release some features like that for a comparable price. I suspect Tesla will have new features to separate base AP with FSD... but it can’t just stand still forever at this point... unless no other manufacturer releases something like this...

FSD is essentially free to Tesla. It’s in the app, requires a couple button presses and then over the air update. There is no benefit to them except for driving sales

yeah, sales. little, unimportant thing, that. sales.

sales that would NOT have otherwise happened.

and so, there is clear benefit. I'm not paying $7k, but I might consider a huge discount on that since I would like more features.

you won't get people like me to pay money at $7k, so its $0 from me, right now. lower it and you may see money from me.

THAT is how business is done.