TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Full Self Driving - Real Time?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by SabrToothSqrl, Nov 21, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I'm sure we've all seen this by now:

Full Self-Driving Demonstration

Can someone slow it down to real time? or how can I?

Thanks

or maybe slower than real time? It's fun to watch.

• Like x 1
  2. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

3. Vger

Vger Active Member

I really wish Tesla would start releasing each one of these videos in a true (full frame rate) real-time version. Do they really think we all have such short attention spans? It is fascinating to watch the decision flow in real time; one can relate much better to the experience. It only helps their case!

4. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm also curious about how the destination is programmed. The nav map does not show that a destination is in play.

5. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

thank you for the slow down! it's a lot more fascinating (to me anyway) to watch the decision making.

Anyone notice how it stops like 30' behind the car at the stop sign?

Also, if this thing does 25 in a 25 around rush hour... that's not what I'd call ideal...

I like how it safely picked up the walkers and the bike. I thought that was slick. Although they were not on the 'road', and were on the wrong side as well...

As someone now 'riding' in the 'drivers' seat. I'd like to know the next turn/how far/etc. I don't want every single stop/turn/etc to be a surprise!

• Like x 1
  6. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

I strongly suspect it is using an entirely different nav system, probably housed out-of-view of the video.

7. gerti

gerti Member

Looked to me like the car stopped twice in unexpected locations, and also drove awfully close by that little dog without slowing down like the situation called for. Still some way to go.