TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Furious, disappointed and disgusted

Discussion in 'UK and Ireland' started by Appingary, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Appingary

Appingary Member

Received this 2 hours after paying for the car I am supposed to pick up tomorrow.

Good afternoon Gary,

I’m having to email with some bad news I am afraid. Our logistics team have updated us that there has been a delay with the departure of a boat at out port in Belgium which means your vehicle is not going to make it in time for us tomorrow.

From your previous email, I know you have already booked your train and I can refund your ticket if you are able to send me your card details.

To rearrange, I am wondering if you would like me to route the vehicle to our Edinburgh store?

I cannot apologies enough for the issue in logistics and I hope we can get this resolved quickly.

• Funny x 2
  2. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

Hang in there. I know this sucks right now but you will LOVE the car. No excuses for Tesla on this but delivery, particularly pre-delivery communication, is one of their weak points. Designing a kick ass car is one of their strengths. It sounds like they're at least trying to make it right.

• Like x 1
  3. Appingary

Appingary Member

I get what your saying just fed up and mad that they waited till near close of business before sending the email. Suspiciously they waited until the money was transferred!

4. Appingary

Appingary Member

And I am demanding a full tank of petrol as compensation!

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 2
  5. Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24 Member

At least they notified ahead of time. It's short but better than arriving to find out it's not ready. And they are willing to give you a refund for transportation.

6. Appingary

Appingary Member

I just find it really bad business. I sold my car this morning and now have no wheels.

• Informative x 1
  7. Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24 Member

Oh then that's a different story.... Hopefully your car will be ready soon.

8. xxxholic

xxxholic Member

Can you ask them to provide you a loaner vehicle?

• Like x 1
  9. Appingary

Appingary Member

Good idea will ask in the morning.

10. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Hopefully they will get you a loaner. Definitely sucks, but not sure Tesla can be faulted as I can't imagine they control the boat or the reason for the delay. But hopefully they realize you are now stuck through no fault of your own and can get you a car for a day or two until the boat arrives. Good luck.

11. Appingary

Appingary Member

12. ngogas

ngogas Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there they can’t control the boat but you will be happy when it does get into your hands.

13. Petermcg

Petermcg Member

I had my delivery pushed from Wednesday to Friday with no warning or communication whatsoever. Before I left Wednesday to pick up the car I happened to check my account and noticed my delivery date had changed.

You’re right to be angry at Tesla’s non-existent customer service. But, as others have said, you are getting a great car that will give you pleasure for a long time.

14. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Geez, I read the email in the original post and thought to myself “why can’t the Tesla reps in the US be that thoughtful and responsive?”

If you were taking delivery in California they would have waited until you pulled into the parking, then had you sit around for 30 minutes waiting for someone to show up and tell you they don’t have the car yet.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  15. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

If you’re intimating that there was some conscious/nefarious motive to withhold important information while simultaneously extorting money from you, fear not.

The level of competency and coordination required for an organization to successfully execute those actions far exceeds what is available from the Tesla delivery team.

:p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Agreed! Tesla is not nefarious...just incompetent.

But really in this case it sounds like they just had a snag with the boat so not really their fault.

17. 299792458

299792458 Member

Taking delivery is the antithesis of everything that comes after. Promise! I took delivery in August 2018 and had different issues but frustrating nonetheless. Good vibes your way!

• Love x 1
  18. aerowiz

aerowiz New Member

I have the opposite story. We bought a new M3 that had to be transported from Arizona to California. We wanted to get it on 9/21 but were told they would try, but couldn't guarantee delivery before 9/24. They called on 9/20 and said we could pick it up on 9/21. They were still detailing it when we arrived. They really try hard but can't control everything...

Love the car !

19. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Anything that involves moving atoms around our planet is problematic. Once they perfect how to not only do updates over the air, but also deliveries, life will become far more predictable I expect

20. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I second this. They've been easy to work with on service appointments for me particularly with giving me a loaner. No guarantees but it's definitely worth asking.