Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Furious, disappointed and disgusted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this 2 hours after paying for the car I am supposed to pick up tomorrow.

Good afternoon Gary,

I’m having to email with some bad news I am afraid. Our logistics team have updated us that there has been a delay with the departure of a boat at out port in Belgium which means your vehicle is not going to make it in time for us tomorrow.

From your previous email, I know you have already booked your train and I can refund your ticket if you are able to send me your card details.

To rearrange, I am wondering if you would like me to route the vehicle to our Edinburgh store?

I cannot apologies enough for the issue in logistics and I hope we can get this resolved quickly.

Hang in there. I know this sucks right now but you will LOVE the car. No excuses for Tesla on this but delivery, particularly pre-delivery communication, is one of their weak points. Designing a kick ass car is one of their strengths. It sounds like they're at least trying to make it right.

Reactions: strykeroz
Hang in there. I know this sucks right now but you will LOVE the car. No excuses for Tesla on this but delivery, particularly pre-delivery communication, is one of their weak points. Designing a kick ass car is one of their strengths. It sounds like they're at least trying to make it right.

I get what your saying just fed up and mad that they waited till near close of business before sending the email. Suspiciously they waited until the money was transferred!

I had my delivery pushed from Wednesday to Friday with no warning or communication whatsoever. Before I left Wednesday to pick up the car I happened to check my account and noticed my delivery date had changed.

You’re right to be angry at Tesla’s non-existent customer service. But, as others have said, you are getting a great car that will give you pleasure for a long time.

Geez, I read the email in the original post and thought to myself “why can’t the Tesla reps in the US be that thoughtful and responsive?”

If you were taking delivery in California they would have waited until you pulled into the parking, then had you sit around for 30 minutes waiting for someone to show up and tell you they don’t have the car yet.

I get what your saying just fed up and mad that they waited till near close of business before sending the email. Suspiciously they waited until the money was transferred!

If you’re intimating that there was some conscious/nefarious motive to withhold important information while simultaneously extorting money from you, fear not.

The level of competency and coordination required for an organization to successfully execute those actions far exceeds what is available from the Tesla delivery team.

:p

If you’re intimating that there was some conscious/nefarious motive to withhold important information while simultaneously extorting money from you, fear not.

The level of competency and coordination required for an organization to successfully execute those actions far exceeds what is available from the Tesla delivery team.

:p

Agreed! Tesla is not nefarious...just incompetent.

But really in this case it sounds like they just had a snag with the boat so not really their fault.

I have the opposite story. We bought a new M3 that had to be transported from Arizona to California. We wanted to get it on 9/21 but were told they would try, but couldn't guarantee delivery before 9/24. They called on 9/20 and said we could pick it up on 9/21. They were still detailing it when we arrived. They really try hard but can't control everything...

Love the car !