TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fuse replacement for P85D

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Xarreo, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Xarreo

Xarreo Member

Not sure anyone have the experience in replacing a burnt fuse as my internal 12V cigarette port is not working suddenly and I am expecting the fuse may burn out. However, try to follow the owner manual to replace the fuse myself but find that the layout of the fusebox is totally differently from user manual. I can locate the fuse box and open it easily but then no way to identify the exact fuse need to replace. For sure, I call up the CS and need to wait for 2 month for service booking. :cursing:

2. samleemc

samleemc Member

2 Months??? Are you serious? Replacing the Fuse is as easy as it can get about Fixing a car to be honest....Go talk to Elon Musk on the 26th Jan, I am sure he can speed it up for you lol

3. Xarreo

Xarreo Member

I don't think they care what need to be fixed and set the priority. To be honest, I am not complaining about the long waiting time as there are really lots of owners pending for service with such a new brand in the town. I wonder why the owner manual is not updated so that we can sort out our minor problem directly. Something as simple as replacing a light bulb.

4. jsiu

jsiu Member

The latest version of manual was dated 14 Jan 2016 and you can found it in 'MY TESLA' of the official website.

5. Xarreo

Xarreo Member

thanks! This is the same manual that I can read from the car. There are 3 fuse box said in the manual but I can only find 2, the fuse box 2 and 3 has already combined. That's why I said the manual is not updated. :mad:

6. Xarreo

Xarreo Member

Thanks to Titus as I borrowed a photo from his another post. You can see what is exactly in the car compare to the user manual description.

The manual show 3 fuse box and two are in front of the trunk after you open the cover.
    Fusebox%20manual1.jpg

There is only 1 fuse box and different from the manual
    12196303_10156354801050045_5010980709639101541_n.jpg

No way to fix it even I follow the manual.
    Fusebox%20manual2.jpg

7. unihappytime

unihappytime Member

#7 unihappytime, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Assuming you can get hold of a replacement fuse that fits, and that 12V fuse amp is same for your car as shown in the manual.

Make sure power is off, take out the suspected failed 15A fuse(s) and check for continuity. Replace once found.

8. charmingchan

charmingchan New Member

IMG_1329.JPG IMG_1345.JPG Yes, the fuse box under the hood is completely different from what the manual listed (the Jan 2016 version from my document), the fuses next to the driver seat has no description at all, the two wires are inserted for my Blackvue 750 by the installation technian, red one is switched 12V. Anyone got an updated fuses list?