TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Future Supercharge Stations?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Albatraoz, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Albatraoz

Albatraoz New Member

Besides the link to Brisbane has Tesla announced any future Supercharging stations? I'd love a few more around Melbourne. Perhaps one towards the outer east Melbourne or towards Geelong?

2. Chuq

Chuq Member

There are a few threads about this, mainly focused per-state: But one member here found, in minutes of a local council meeting of Tatiara District Council (in South Australia), that the council has been in discussion with Tesla about a SC in Keith, SA. The minutes also made reference to it being the only proposed location between Adelaide and Horsham (suggesting that those two locations are also candidates for SCs.) So it is expected that Tesla want to do the Melbourne to Adelaide route next.

There was also a similar item in a council meeting regarding Dubbo - it doesn't seem that a particular route was in mind there, just the general area. You could also look at the distance between Dubbo and existing SCs and make some guesses there... Bathurst is precisely 200km from both Dubbo and Sydney...

I haven't seen anything from any Victorian councils, but you would expect the Great Ocean Road area to be of interest.