Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD creaking sound & mind games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the creaking too, they lubricated it and no more creak. I also have the issue with the hard plastic trim rubbing against the paint in the door-frame. I think all X's must have this issue - the fit of the plastic trim is faulty. They tried to fix it by adjusting the door tension but it has not worked and now it rubs in additional spot so I will be taking it back in, again. Frankly, if this were a a cheaper car I would just use a Dremel and sand down the plastic trim, but I think Tesla should come up with an official remedy. It will likely require a redesign and replacement of the plastic trim!!!!
Did the Service Center also take care of the damaged paint? I have the same plastic-trim-rubbing-against-paint issue. I applied painter's tape to areas rubbed to prevent further damage to the paint.

Did the Service Center also take care of the damaged paint? I have the same plastic-trim-rubbing-against-paint issue. I applied painter's tape to areas rubbed to prevent further damage to the paint.

NO. They outright refused to patch up the paint. They acted like I was nuts to complain about a little bit of paint scraping off just because car parts were rubbing. Really poor service, I think they are too slammed to actually do anything.

Here is what the paint scratch looks like
DSC_0014.JPG

Here is what the paint scratch looks likeView attachment 226459
I took the car in on Friday. They took off one piece of trim and adjusted the hinge on each door so that rubber touches the paint not plastic. No creaking anymore. I have paint scratch at the same spot in addition to minor scratch on the side of the door (as shown below). The technician put some toothpaste-like stuff on the spot. I forgot to ask what that was for. The whole process took about five hours.
IMG_7467[1].JPG

Reactions: DiamondHands