TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FWD top glass replacement cost

Discussion in 'Model X' started by nctalkinghead, Oct 17, 2020.

1. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Driving on interstate on Thursday morning and heard a loud thump while in heavy traffic. Nothing obvious and driving not affected whatsoever. Reached my destination about an hour after hearing the noise and opened passenger side FWD. Stepped out of car and looked across to see a shattered spot and spider cracks about 18 inches out. Pretty obvious impact spot near the edge of the top glass. Anybody had this repair done lately? What's going Tesla price?

thanks for info.

2. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

About to call my mobile glass repair shop and see what cost is come Monday. I found the same cracked window in my '16. Don't know how long it's been cracked, but just noticed it. I would imaging it's in the $800-$1k range? The rear quarter panel was around $500, so I bet it'll be more expensive.

-ThinkMac-

3. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

4. Luisito

Luisito Member

I just replaced mine last month. Tesla charged $1,197.31 for the right top FWD glass. Was hit by a rock from a pickup driving on the shoulder at 55 mph.