Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI: For any 21+ M3P owners looking for wider tires on stock 20x9 Uberturbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who's spent a bit too much time on here in the past 1.5 years...you're not the first I've seen report this. 🙁 Sorry you had to run into the trouble. If I had stayed on the Uberturbines I'd be wanting to run that size too, if it fit.

Is your tire shop willing to swap for 245/35R20 ?

The general trend I recall is 255/35R20 summer tires tend to fit, with their relatively shorter tread, however 255/35R20 allseasons frequently don't, as they tend to have taller tread. That's just a generalization of course and could easily be wrong for any given tire.

Reactions: NoxGrimstad
I ended up returning them since they had a many-weeks lead time on ordering any other sizes. Cost me $100 in install charges for nothing, but honestly it could have been way worse.

My Pirelli's aren't quite in the danger zone yet at 4/32", so I think I'm gonna ride those for a few more months and contemplate what's next.

Thanks for the heads up. That was the size of tire I was looking into because I don't like the stretched tire look.. Now I wanted to use a 15mm/20mm or 20mm/25mm spacer as well, would that help?

Does anyone go to 30 aspect to make it work? Or would you just get a spacer?
I can confirm for a fact that a 265/30-20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on a 9.5 in wheel with 40 mm offset will fit on the front without any issues (but with aftermarket rotors so effectively a 35mm offset on stock performance rotors).