Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galveston Cruise Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a really old thread but we are headed down on Thursday 12/5/19 and checking to see if anyone has an update on best place to park and charge while at sea. This was a last minute booked cruise and excruiseparking.com that shows to have 2 Tesla chargers is booked full. Thanks in advance!
If you are gone for several days, all you need is 120V and your UMC. Park anywhere there is a nearby plug. Most places should have that.

Reactions: SpencerC
Ezcruiseparking.com does have two WC.

I’ve used several times. Last trip they accidentally parked someone in one of the spots (they were handicapped and the parking person was being nice w/o realizing the impact) .

The manager was well aware of Tesla charging requirements. They even came out and talked to me while waiting in line - let me know if the issue and told me they had lots of outlets and wanted to make sure I had my portable UMC.

I did, so all was good. Sounded like they were going to try to find me a different lot if I wasn’t prepared.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Ezcruiseparking.com does have two WC.

I’ve used several times. Last trip they accidentally parked someone in one of the spots (they were handicapped and the parking person was being nice w/o realizing the impact) .

The manager was well aware of Tesla charging requirements. They even came out and talked to me while waiting in line - let me know if the issue and told me they had lots of outlets and wanted to make sure I had my portable UMC.

I did, so all was good. Sounded like they were going to try to find me a different lot if I wasn’t prepared.
I will be sure and have the portable charge cable just fingers crossed I can find an outlet. Thanks

Now that I think about it, if you have something, I'd bring a small/medium bungee or velcro or string. I don't remember what I dug up in the car, but I did something to attach the UMC block to the conduit to reduce the weight hanginng on the plug. Probably not necessary, but I have a GEN1 UMC and the plug is so long that it puts a lot of torque on it. Gen2 (current model) wouldn't have the same issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I know this is a really old thread but we are headed down on Thursday 12/5/19 and checking to see if anyone has an update on best place to park and charge while at sea. This was a last minute booked cruise and excruiseparking.com that shows to have 2 Tesla chargers is booked full. Thanks in advance!

I don't have any more recent experience to report, but I still highly recommend Port Parking. They had ample wall outlets and were very nice. I recommend getting the shuttle service when booking, too. It was excellent, and the walk would be no fun at all.