Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Game Controller - Cuphead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: ElectricEel
Certainly works for Cuphead's menus and tutorial (which includes controlling the character). Before actually playing the first level, extreme hunger overcame me and I reluctantly left the car to make dinner. I've been spending too much time in the garage since the Tesla arrived. Is it just me? :)

No, I went to the supercharge the other day and got stuck watching Spiderman, (the audio was so damn crisp) I went past where I wanted to stop lol.

Reactions: RobRain
I can confirm that the following XBOX ONE cheaper alternative controller works with v10 software update:
* split screen Beach Buggy on analog with one controller's USB split with sentry microSD usb
* CupHead

I dare say that any controller with USB and XBOX ONE support should work.
Note: Do not expect other games to work well, as they are designed for the touchscreen.

View attachment 464045

View attachment 464050

Now i have a new problem as noted in the photo above. Great.

Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I've tried with my PS4 controllers and no dice. It wouldn't even recognize it to the point of showing the "Play" button.

I've also tried my PS3 controllers, same problem.

I'm using a PS3 controller wirelessly. But you will need a USB adapter, like the 8bitdo adapter below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Raspberry/dp/B0786JC6VW

It supports other bluetooth controllers as well.

I just bought a Playstation Classic for $20. It comes to two USB controllers, but sadly they don't work on the Model 3. Just want to throw this out there in case someone else was thinking of using those controllers as the unit is so cheap right now.

* They do work with MAME though, so if you have an emulator setup (or Retropie) the PS classic is still a great deal for getting 2 extra controllers.

Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I've tried with my PS4 controllers and no dice. It wouldn't even recognize it to the point of showing the "Play" button.

I've also tried my PS3 controllers, same problem.

I've tried them wired each time.

I have another "generic" controller (Nostromo) that works with pretty much everything except Cuphead. Cuphead has a weird behavior: it accepts the "X" button (the bottom one on the right hand side - I'm calling it X because that's what it is labeled on playstation controllers), but the left joystick is inverted (up goes down and vice versa). Then I can get to the "Options" menu and "Controls" by using the inverted scheme, but once I get there, I cannot navigate anymore to assign any button.

Grrrrr...
Same issue with Xbox controller. Options not accessible and unable to play Cuphead. Game loads to the living rm. scene. Then no controls/ ability to advance, period. Ffffuuccckkk