Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap between rubber seal on glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I be worried about water getting in here?

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_190100.jpg
    IMG_20190401_190100.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,423
Tesla sent me a message not to come in for my scheduled appointment, they are waiting for parts to arrive to correct this problem. They have never seen my car so they seemed to be aware of this issue and have some part on order to correct, are they shooting in the dark or is the more common than we know?

Tesla sent me a message not to come in for my scheduled appointment, they are waiting for parts to arrive to correct this problem. They have never seen my car so they seemed to be aware of this issue and have some part on order to correct, are they shooting in the dark or is the more common than we know?
Seems like a common problem. For at least Costa Mesa SC. When I explained the problem to SC, the guy knew exactly where the seal gap issue was.

Update, slow misty rain most of today, wet headliner, and B Piller Cover. Air leak = water leak. Made an appointment for Tuesday, still waiting on parts I guess. If they can't replace "whatever" on Tuesday I am going to ask them to squirt some goop/sealant in that area for now.

This is my biggest concern when we take delivery.

Probably the first thing that I would check, and was thinking that I would reject the car if roof panels were not flush where they met. Interesting to see that they could be replaced. How did you find the process and any negatives - ie damaged, dirtied or mis fitting parts on reassembly? I would like to think that glass panel fit is now perfect - would like to think its been done by trained humans to a high standard?

I closely checked over a euro version today - the flush fit between the two panels was OK, if anything the front panel was fractionally higher but I guess thats better than the rear being higher. Front panel gap was quite nice either side, but rear one was much tighter - then I checked the other side and quite a large gap, so it was probably 5mm off to one side. Not as good as us Europeans expect if buying German and surprisingly even not as good as my current Italian mule. Tricky one. Am I expecting too much? I would expect a car at this price point to be nigh on perfect. Maybe thats the difference between a premium sector European and American built car?