Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway 1 Owners, want the Gateway 2 Look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering a small run of tempered glass covers for the GW1, so a homeowner could have the glass face GW2 look without replacing the whole GW2.

Its pretty expensive, and as a side business I would charge $250 plus shipping each. Included would be everything you need to attach it to the existing GW1.

The final product would look much like the factory GW2, except the sides of the GW1 Enclosure would be grey still, unless the owner painted it.

If there is interest in a dozen units I will prototype one.

/interested
take my money.jpeg

Jury is still out on mine as I haven't had any progress on my install yet. Still showing permitting stage. Although Tesla shows GW2 on my config now (after requesting to change it), I'm still not 100% sure if that is indeed what they would do. I know @BrettS had GW2 on his config but they came in and installed a GW1 instead.

Long story short, if I ended up getting a GW1, please count me in. Thanks for spearheading this @Vines !

I have a 2nd/3rd tier interest. As in, I may not opt in on the 1st run and would like to see more of the product before buying.

For me, It is debatable as my gateway is located in a location with our electrical meter a lot of electrical boxes.

20200429_114338.jpg

As a side note, I may have a couple other conduits and the gutter painted to match the house.

I have a 2nd/3rd tier interest. As in, I may not opt in on the 1st run and would like to see more of the product before buying.

For me, It is debatable as my gateway is located in a location with our electrical meter a lot of electrical boxes.

As a side note, I may have a couple other conduits and the gutter painted to match the house.
Same here and our houses are pretty much painted the same. :)

20200102_150325.jpg

This is about a Tempered Glass cover for the Gateway 1 to make the front look like the Gateway 2
Ah, Gateway. That makes more sense now. Might want to put that in the title since it's a bit confusing for those who don't know. It has to be one of the lesser used acronyms on the forum because I've never seen it called a GW. If it had said Gateway I'd know I don't yet have either version.