Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 wall charger amp fluctuation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the gen 3 wall charger installed for the model y and I noticed a message saying low quality grid detected. I tried unplugging and replugging the charger in. The amps will fluctuate from 0 to 13, starts to climb, and drops to 0. Eventually it will hold at 32 amps and never hit the 48 amps. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and how you resolved it. Thanks in advance.

I just had a similar thing happen with my gen 2 charger. I didn't get the message, but I had a 0-16 amp fluctuation, and then the steady 34 amp rate. I think it had something to do with a test I did with my portable charger and the 14-50 and TT-30 adapters I had purchased for it. Anyway, I ended up doing a power off from the safety & security screen (waiting for the required 2-3 minutes before touching the brake), and that fixed it. Back to the full 48 amp charge rate!

Reactions: Writeavon
Cool. Got it to work. Had to unplug wait a minute then I had to watch the amps thru the app. If it was spiking up down up down I would unplug and wait another min. When the amps climbed slowly it finally worked.
952DFC2B-EDC0-4930-B623-67A0E30340BE.png