Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connector Wired and on WiFi, No contact to Update Server..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone in the group.. First post and hope I can find some help before I call Tesla... Got a Model 3 coming next month (hopefully), and installed a Gen3 Wall Connector a few weeks back to prepare for everything.

All went well and all is wired correctly (60amp circuit, house can handle it, 4 gauge wire (overkill, I know), conduit, etc..).. I've done wiring installs in the past and am familiar with it, so all looks good..

Configured the WC on home WiFi, set it all up, it's getting an IP from the router/DHCP server (can hit it from the network), etc.. All looks fine.. (I'm on a Google Mesh WiFi as well.. WPA3 turned off..), and it supports the 2.4GHz that the WC requires..

HOWEVER... it will NOT update firmware from the update button on it's configuration page when you place it in mode to access it.. Still on the WiFi, reports and shows, but gets a can't connect to server error every time.. It came with a VERY old firmware out of the box, and I manually updated it to the latest 21.36.6, but still getting the same error when trying to update firmware.. Will not connect when you attempt a connection, so I'm sure it's not doing automatic checks/updates either.. Looking at traffic data, I am seeing pretty muchly zero upload/download data from it..

Anyone else run into this? Have any ideas?? Any help/advice would be appreciated...

Thanks everyone....

Welcome to TMC,

I dont have a gen 3 wall connector, but have seen threads about people having issues with wifi. The forum software suggests some threads at the bottom of your post, but perhaps a couple of these might help:

Welcome to TMC,

I dont have a gen 3 wall connector, but have seen threads about people having issues with wifi. The forum software suggests some threads at the bottom of your post, but perhaps a couple of these might help:

Thanks so much for the reply and the few threads to look at... I really appreciate the help.. Actually got my VIN yesterday late as well and a 5 day window of delivery, so I really want to get this resolved ahead of delivery..

Stay safe out there!

Reactions: jjrandorin