Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Generation 3 charger extension cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I found a solution. Only about $200 which is still crazy. Lectron makes an extension cord and adapter.
Check again. Lectron sells a J1772 extension cord (does not have a Tesla charging connector.) Lectron also sells a Tesla J1772 adapter. The adapter will enable you to use a Tesla Destination Charger, Wall Connector etc. to charge a non-Tesla EV.

The QCP's "ELONG" Tesla extension cable is $200 (20 ft) or $300 (40 ft).
Currently on pre-order and will be shipped next month (Aug 2021). Great quality product from reputable company.

Don't pay for the overpriced ($350 for 20 ft!) extension cable from EVSEadapters!
Another thing to keep in mind is that the EVSEadapters version does not have a button on it to unlock the charge connector from the vehicle. I do believe that the QCP version has this button (which can be seen in the picture).

Last edited:
Reactions: 101dals
The button is used for more than just opening the charge port. If the car is actively charging, the plug is locked to the car for safety, you can't just yank it out (to prevent electric arching). You need to press the button on the plug to interrupt the charging and unlock the plug from the car.

If you don't have the button on the plug, you need to either pull out your app and press Stop Charging or go inside the car to do the same thing to unlock the plug. That to me is a huge hassle for not having the button on the plug.

Reactions: 101dals