Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genius level IQ people. Explain what Tesla is doing!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though EM is not a Tesla founder

It's not a lie if you believe it!

High IQ don't make you be any more correct (or wrong) than any other person. It just makes you be correct (or wrong) faster than the other person.

Right! You can independently develop, prove or disprove Einstein’s theory of relatively given “enough time” Since his IQ was 160, it just takes you longer?

LOL

• Helpful
Reactions: MMBTUS
As a study, I’d like to know if genius level IQ person(s) can explain what the hell is going on
No genius level brain is necessary.
it is enough to remember what happened two months ago and to have basic capacity to collect and compare facts.
I have two questions:

1.) Why is Tesla whipping their prices with such high frequencies and amplitudes. Do they know what they are doing? Not pissing people off is common sense?
They don't really. Most of the auto companies do seasonable changes for prices. You don't see them really because they are masked in internal dealership documents. It is very very reasonable to do some intensive shopping if you look for a new car.
2.) How can they announce store closures one day and just go about face the next? Leases to pay are common sense?
Do they know what they are doing?
They didn't announce store closures. They announced some stores closures and the general transformation of stores into show rooms. Transcript of the presentation is available online and there is no need to speculate.
The process was stalled because of the serious backlash from sales department.
The transformation had two purposes.
1) transfer of the sale process exclusively online. In that manner Tesla was attempting to improve their presence in unfriendly states.
2) removal of commissions, and the processing costs associated with onsite transactions.
The difference between online and onsite purchase transaction costs can easily reach 1000%. I am not exaggerating.
The process was stalled because as expected sales clerks are very fond of commissions. the whole internal structure of the sales departments everywhere is based on commissions.
Is Tesla playing 4D chess? Is there method to the madness?
By all accounts Musk is incapable to "play chess". I am sure he doesn't like the table game either.
Elon Musk I would guess around 160 but also twice exceptional which explains some of the oddities like insulting the SEC which can’t be rationalized out by and stretch.
SEC is not integral part of DoJ. There are no intrinsic risks in insulting SEC. It can add some drama. It is fun.
As I pointed before the settlement happened after dragging Tesla in and making at that time possible litigation too expensive.

IQ is rather useless measure in real life.

Memory composition, it's integrity are much more important. General integrity and ability to focus even more.

If you are interested in Tesla evolution, but have difficulties keeping up with this media circus make notes. Try to keep very simple ones.
Like: presentation YYYYMMDD , changing sale procedures. Arguments:..... etc. Putting everything on paper will clear some of the mist.

In any case. When dealing with Tesla don't forget that Musk has two (now three) companies and he shares his time and more importantly attention between them. SpaceX remains his primary focus.

As a study, I’d like to know if genius level IQ person(s) can explain what the hell is going on.

I have two questions:

1.) Why is Tesla whipping their prices with such high frequencies and amplitudes. Do they know what they are doing? Not pissing people off is common sense?

2.) How can they announce store closures one day and just go about face the next? Leases to pay are common sense?
Do they know what they are doing?

Why IQ matters is studies show that people have trouble explaining concepts and see things differently than someone who is 30 points lower or 30 points higher.

Is Tesla playing 4D chess? Is there method to the madness?

Elon Musk I would guess around 160 but also twice exceptional which explains some of the oddities like insulting the SEC which can’t be rationalized out by and stretch.

I have no idea on my clinical IQ but I am sure some here think it is very low. ;)

A running joke is I am 90 and my wife is 200 and our children got the average.

Please opine if you are gifted (130) or just normal (100-115) or don’t even know. Really curious on how we all interpret all this.

Without testing and slowness at number sequences I’m going to guess normal for me.

People, regardless of IQ, make most of their decisions, no matter how important, from an emotional and irrational standpoint. This has been scientificslly proven which is why commercials appeal to your emotions and not your intelligence and why politics go the way they do.

From an anecdotal point of view, I work with many physicists, most of which have Ph.Ds in physics and therefore by academic measures of capability are far beyond Elon Musk. One time a while ago, the physics chair had a choice if what manufacturer to go with for equipment - a decisions that would set the departments track for the future 30+ years. In the end, he decided to not go with the acknowledged leader in the field and went with sub-par equipment that caused distress and chaos in the department for decades. Why did he do this? He felt “snubbed” by the sales person when they couldn’t meet with him on a date he chose. Was this a calm and rational decision of a physicist? Not at all.

Also note that in the light of the Wells Fargo customer account fraud, the reason why Wells Fargo’s CEO said they should push customers to have 8 accounts was not based on any of their copious amounts of customer data, what models showed a customer could support, etc. No, it was because “eight rhymed with great”.

Also another note, Warren Buffet says the biggest thing that most allowed him to be successful in investing was not mastery of the technical side of it (which he is definitely known for), but mastery of his temperament.

Intelligence does not make you a good business leader, nor does it make a steady hand on the wheel. It also doesn’t make you bad at business or impetuous - it’s independent of it.

He may be a genius, but temperament and mastery of your emotions are things Elon Musk is not known for - in general he is somewhere between toddler and teenager in these regards. It’s why he needs an operator in charge at Tesla so he can focus on the vision, just like Gwynne Shotwell at SpaceX.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Let’s discuss decision making among car shoppers.

I personally think the 3 beats the iPace handidly. Even the S and X as well.

Now with the Y, iPace would be beyond absurd.

In my opinion, I think it would be a low IQ move to choose an iPace over a Model Y.

For argument sake, both would be available now and at their current fixed prices.

There’s no level of rational justification that I can think of that would make a person choose an iPace over a Y.

Yes you can find a few things (maybe?) that an iPace is better but not across an aggregate that would make such a position defensible.

IPace still probably sells more than 100 cars in 2021 when the cars can go head to head.

Why??!!

Keel = susceptibility to sunk cost fallacy
Though EM is not a Tesla founder (except in his own mind and in every media piece ever written), these gyrations in company direction really are classic founder’s syndrome. You have a charismatic (and yes, even genius) founder with his hands on the tiller and who in the company is going to tell him he’s wrong when he gets a New Big Idea (which are often great, BTW) and throws it hard over one night? What is lacking is a keel, and every puff of wind sends it off in a new direction.
Airplanes, too. The ones that lack natural stability are fun to fly and easy to flick around. Too much stability and they’re dreary to fly, though popular with passengers. Just right is a hard compromise to get right, in airplanes and in companies.
Robin

Reactions: EinSV