Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DCU here as well with the same terms. My EDD is June 6-10, and the 1.38% expires at the end of this month. I
Spoke to Tesla and had them change to finance. Financed with DCU and made the payment today. All set for delivery, now waiting for the date. They were able to get you a firm delivery date. Also checked on the Ryzen and 12v, all there.

I’m going with DCU as well. Are you saying you completed the transaction with Delta and had them send payment to Tesla already? When I bought my Model 3 I just picked up the check from Delta that morning and went to Tesla to pick up my car. It was an inventory car so maybe a little different.

My OD was 3/5 and it’s a MYP, so I’m betting ours is coming together.

DCU here as well with the same terms. My EDD is June 6-10, and the 1.38% expires at the end of this month. I

I’m going with DCU as well. Are you saying you completed the transaction with Delta and had them send payment to Tesla already? When I bought my Model 3 I just picked up the check from Delta that morning and went to Tesla to pick up my car. It was an inventory car so maybe a little different.

My OD was 3/5 and it’s a MYP, so I’m betting ours is coming together.
We got the approval this morning, we are yet to confirm with dcu about releasing the payment, but tesla app shows payment complete. Will check with dcu tomorrow, not sure why the so shows the payment needed is 0. Sorry about saying the payment was complete.
If you're rate is expiring by end of the month, wouldn't you be able to release the payment at the old rate? What rate is every one getting? It's is 2.49% here, more than 1% what we had locked back in April and expired

Last edited:
We got the approval this morning, we are yet to confirm with dcu about releasing the payment, but tesla app shows payment complete. Will check with dcu tomorrow, not sure why the so shows the payment needed is 0. Sorry about saying the payment was complete.
If you're rate is expiring by end of the month, wouldn't you be able to release the payment at the old rate? What rate is every one getting? It's is 2.49% here, more than 1% what we had locked back in April and expired

The 1.38% is what I’m aiming for. I checked with Delta and they said if I get preapproved then I will lock in that rate for 30 days even though it expires at the end of the month, so my goal is to wait until the last day possible to get preapproved. Maybe a day or two before to be safe.

The 1.38% is what I’m aiming for. I checked with Delta and they said if I get preapproved then I will lock in that rate for 30 days even though it expires at the end of the month, so my goal is to wait until the last day possible to get preapproved. Maybe a day or two before to be safe.
The rates have changed now, we had it locked at that rate but due to the Fed increases, it has gone up now. Hope you can get that.

I keep hearing stories like this but I just got my quote back from Tesla and it’s $7k lower than everyone else. I like the ease of trading it in while picking up my Model Y, but not for that big of a loss.

If I trade into a different dealer or Carvana etc., does anyone know how long it takes for the bank to receive the payoff? I don’t want that to take weeks and then mess up my next loan.
I did Carvana got 45,700 for model 3 with 24k miles, they said 2-3 days for payout. Getting picked up tomorrow so can let you know

Reactions: Deliboy and WhiteWi
Hi @AtlantaMYP
I applied yesterday and got the pre-approval for 1.38%. The lowest rate available at the moment is 1.38%, but as other have said, all indications point to an increase. It looks like DCU is offering that rate until the end of this month, as you might have seen on their website.

The process took less than 30 mins for the approval and they only checked the experian score/report (That is the only alert I got and I actually have locked my credit file at the other credit bureaus). Your mileage my vary, I am not sure. I actually called in and talked to a loan officer and it looks like they will honor that rate for 60 days, though we might have to call after 30 days and tell them that it is a loan for "build to order" car. They know the crap we go through with Tesla.

I have been holding a 2 week window for a while for my EDD and hope I get this damn car in this 60 day window.

Reactions: Deliboy
Hi @AtlantaMYP
I applied yesterday and got the pre-approval for 1.38%. The lowest rate available at the moment is 1.38%, but as other have said, all indications point to an increase. It looks like DCU is offering that rate until the end of this month, as you might have seen on their website.

The process took less than 30 mins for the approval and they only checked the experian score/report (That is the only alert I got and I actually have locked my credit file at the other credit bureaus). Your mileage my vary, I am not sure. I actually called in and talked to a loan officer and it looks like they will honor that rate for 60 days, though we might have to call after 30 days and tell them that it is a loan for "build to order" car. They know the crap we go through with Tesla.

I have been holding a 2 week window for a while for my EDD and hope I get this damn car in this 60 day window.
Wow, that's great. When I call they are not budging on 2.49, with excellent credit. Need to check again. Spoke to Tesla, they said the delivery will realistically be around mid June with the shipping delays going on. Confirmed all the latest goodies Ryzen/12v etc and comes with all season tires. Got a decent trade in value on my car, 1k less than Carmax. With the tax break works out about the same, going to go with Tesla.

Wow, that's great. When I call they are not budging on 2.49, with excellent credit. Need to check again. Spoke to Tesla, they said the delivery will realistically be around mid June with the shipping delays going on. Confirmed all the latest goodies Ryzen/12v etc and comes with all season tires. Got a decent trade in value on my car, 1k less than Carmax. With the tax break works out about the same, going to go with Tesla.
I was surprised by the Tesla trade in value as well. It was good!!!

Not sure if there is confusion between Delta Community CU vs DCU here. Delta is offering 1.38%(up to 60 months) till end of May while I believe DCU’s minimum is 2.xx%

Reactions: Stardew
Not sure if there is confusion between Delta Community CU vs DCU here. Delta is offering 1.38%(up to 60 months) till end of May while I believe DCU’s minimum is 2.xx%

Ahh yesss, you right. I am contacting delta community tomorrow to get the lower rate. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: AM92
I ended up selling my Model 3 yesterday private party. Didn’t last but a couple days on Facebook marketplace and I received $10k more than Tesla’s trade-in offer. There are no accidents so the carfax is clean. Not sure why my quote was so low from them. Anyways, I feel MUCH better about things now that I have my car sold.

Ahh yesss, you right. I am contacting delta community tomorrow to get the lower rate. Thanks for the info
You pay less on sale taxes when you trade. Bc they subtract the trade from total of new car cost and tax on whatever is left. Or something like that. Assuming we are talking GA here. Also I have no idea what was you total trade in appraisal. So never mind :)
You do save on taxes but it’s not a $ for $ savings, meaning that you are not saving $3000 in this particular scenario. Go to https://eservices.drives.ga.gov/_/ to calculate the exact savings.

Reactions: AM92 and WhiteWi