Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m actually doing the trade in with Tesla. Their quote for my 4 series was much higher or the same as most companies…surprisingly.

I keep hearing stories like this but I just got my quote back from Tesla and it’s $7k lower than everyone else. I like the ease of trading it in while picking up my Model Y, but not for that big of a loss.

If I trade into a different dealer or Carvana etc., does anyone know how long it takes for the bank to receive the payoff? I don’t want that to take weeks and then mess up my next loan.

I got the trade in text. I was going to sell my car to caravan or a local dealership that has already offered good money on it.

Any pros or cons to filling in the info for Tesla? Does it slow delivery?
Fill it in. You may get a really good offer from Tesla. Also having the trade in on the bill of sale will lower your taxes as well. Factor that in when comparing 3rd party.

I got the quote too. It was bit better than online quote I received from Carmax. Carvaan quote is 3k less than Carmax.
But I have declined it as I don't even have my VIN.. may be I will ask them to re evaluate close to my delivery date.
Accepting the Tesla quote is non-binding. You can accept and change your mind and remove anytime you want.

Got my VIN, going to ask for a trade in quote. Switching the payment method to finance, not sure this will affect delivery.
It won’t impact the delivery. You can text or call to have the payment method change to finance and it will open up your order. I actually stopped at the Decatur SC on Saturday and they were able to change my pmt to finance and also schedule my delivery date. I didn’t have that option yet in the app.

It won’t impact the delivery. You can text or call to have the payment method change to finance and it will open up your order. I actually stopped at the Decatur SC on Saturday and they were able to change my pmt to finance and also schedule my delivery date. I didn’t have that option yet in the app.
Spoke to Tesla and had them change to finance. Financed with DCU and made the payment today. All set for delivery, now waiting for the date. They were able to get you a firm delivery date. Also checked on the Ryzen and 12v, all there.

Spoke to Tesla and had them change to finance. Financed with DCU and made the payment today. All set for delivery, now waiting for the date. They were able to get you a firm delivery date. Also checked on the Ryzen and 12v, all there.
Yep, I was able to get a firm delivery date (one week after my VIN was assigned).

I’m going w Delta Community for the financing. 1.38% up to 60 months.

Reactions: Deliboy and AM92