Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

German Auto Magazine gives rave review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done a lot of tuning work in the past even building ECU reflashing tools for tuners. In that past life I truly came to appreciate my German friends and their love of the car. It is a deep rooted passion.

I have been waiting for the start of this process where those same German friends have the chance to come to understand what Model S is and, more importantly, what it means. They will see the light and you will see a monumental shift in focus. The guys I worked with had absolutely no problem acknowledging reality and cutting right to the truth.

This is going to be fun to watch..... Popcorn out and comfy.....

You know, everyone latches onto the acceleration and all during test drives and reviews which all makes perfect sense. The real genus for me is living with the car day in and day out for many months and realizing I seldom if even launch the car from a dead stop (where the P acceleration is so violent) and yet it continues to outshine everything I have ever owned. It may be the extremes of the performance that catch your attention but its the body of the daily performance that keeps the love affair alive. All these mag guys are missing (and rightly so) the real point.

You know, everyone latches onto the acceleration and all during test drives and reviews which all makes perfect sense. The real genus for me is living with the car day in and day out for many months and realizing I seldom if even launch the car from a dead stop (where the P acceleration is so violent) and yet it continues to outshine everything I have ever owned. It may be the extremes of the performance that catch your attention but its the body of the daily performance that keeps the love affair alive. All these mag guys are missing (and rightly so) the real point.

+1!

All of the above, plus this. I just went to buy gas for a friend's car. I had not been to a gas station for the last 6 months. Strange people there, really weird scene. Worse, I almost forgot how one works the frickin' gas pump!

The real genus for me is living with the car day in and day out for many months and realizing I seldom if even launch the car from a dead stop (where the P acceleration is so violent) and yet it continues to outshine everything I have ever owned. It may be the extremes of the performance that catch your attention but its the body of the daily performance that keeps the love affair alive. All these mag guys are missing (and rightly so) the real point.

Right. The Model S is just so much more an extension of your body than other cars, that it's impossible to ever go back.

Ditto. I was driving a co-worker to a meeting site and he asked what the best part of the car was. After a little consideration I responded, "The drivetrain."

Driving electric is much nicer than anything else and Tesla is the best at it. No contest.

I've done a lot of tuning work in the past even building ECU reflashing tools for tuners. In that past life I truly came to appreciate my German friends and their love of the car. It is a deep rooted passion.

I have been waiting for the start of this process where those same German friends have the chance to come to understand what Model S is and, more importantly, what it means. They will see the light and you will see a monumental shift in focus. The guys I worked with had absolutely no problem acknowledging reality and cutting right to the truth.

This is going to be fun to watch..... Popcorn out and comfy.....

Fun to watch indeed. Not only are they the greatest engineers, but of the major manufacturers the Germans are probably the most open to renewable energy technology and have a knack for as you say "cutting right to the truth". IMO once the Germans take this and run with it, that's the ballgame. Give it three or four years.

A few years after that, Tesla gets absorbed into Toyota and the whole world changes just like that, or should I say....just as Elon intended. The important thing to remember is that the two biggest solar installers right now are.....Germany and (soon to be)Japan. What to do with all that solar?