Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lyon, you're giving me hope that my back-of-the-bus P7603 may have a chance..

I imagine that after the first few events we're going to see them become much more region-specific. I'm thinking that people will likely wait to get to the event nearest them because, at this point, the people getting invites are far enough down the production sequence that there's no time pressure. My dad and I went to Fremont this weekend because he had to make his decision by the end of the month and wanted a test drive to do so. I'm sure that if he hadn't had the time pressure he would have just waited until the event in Portland, OR.

I got mine as well P#9326. Same as ElSupreme, I cant fly. Iwill wait for the chicago event. I clicked 'No Thanks' in the email and was redirected to another page to chose from the following options.

GET AMPED MODEL S TOUR
Hello!
Thanks for letting us know you're unable to join us at this tour stop. Help us better tailor your email experience:
  • Please send me invitations to future test drive events.
  • I would rather not receive any more invitations

I just got an invite! Even better, my wife told me "Just use the skymiles and go!" I will be taking a Model S for a spin at 3:00pm this Saturday!

Whats sad is, being the huge space nerd that I am, I am just as excited about being so close to the space x factory as I am about driving the Model S. I wonder if attendees will get to see anything at spacex like the attendees at the previous event were able to take a look at the tesla factory, if we do, I may think that I have died and gone to heaven.

I just got an invite! Even better, my wife told me "Just use the skymiles and go!" I will be taking a Model S for a spin at 3:00pm this Saturday!

Whats sad is, being the huge space nerd that I am, I am just as excited about being so close to the space x factory as I am about driving the Model S. I wonder if attendees will get to see anything at spacex like the attendees at the previous event were able to take a look at the tesla factory, if we do, I may think that I have died and gone to heaven.

A huge SPACEX sign painted on what looks like a massive hangar beckons you as you get off the freeway in Hawthorne right next to the local airport :) Might be worth reaching out to SpaceX's PR folks to see if you can wiggle a (limited atleast) tour of their premises next door to the Tesla design studio.

Well, I just got off the phone with SpaceX. They were very friendly, and forwarded me to a woman who answered the phone as "Elon Musk's office". She politely told me that SpaceX does not offer any sort of tours, and there is no way to see the factory :crying:

Oh well, it was worth a shot :)

Maybe we will be lucky and they will at least bring one of the COTS dragons over to the design studio to show off (for me at least even just getting to see one of those would be a huge thrill)

Last edited:
Well, I just got off the phone with SpaceX. They were very friendly, and forwarded me to a woman who answered the phone as "Elon Musk's office". She politely told me that SpaceX does not offer any sort of tours, and there is no way to see the factory :crying:

Oh well, it was worth a shot :)

Well, SpaceX isn't a B2C type of company, so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. OTOH, if part of the idea behind SpaceX is to support space flight in general, then it would probably be a good idea for SpaceX to figure something out for tours because space flight needs to support of Congress because they fund NASA which pays SpaceX its contracts.

P8901 and also got the LA invite a couple of hours ago...I'm in Dallas, so nowhere on the Amped Tour is particularly convenient, and flights are around $320 (or free, if I use miles), but, we have a poopy puppy at home who needs some TLC, so this weekend is out....wife said to go, but I'd want to take her with me too. Shame, I'd love to see all the colors together, and I think this is the last opportunity (?)

I was told that the GetAmped tour would "split in two" (half the vehicles go to one set of events, half to another.)
Basically the LA & SF area events have all the cars because there are so many customers around here.
Other parts of the country might not need the full fleet of vehicles to handle all the test drivers in a weekend.

So, yeah, you might not get to see all the same colors at some of the events.

I was told that the GetAmped tour would "split in two" (half the vehicles go to one set of events, half to another.)
Basically the LA & SF area events have all the cars because there are so many customers around here.
Other parts of the country might not need the full fleet of vehicles to handle all the test drivers in a weekend.

So, yeah, you might not get to see all the same colors at some of the events.

It's splitting into thirds -- check out the tour list for the weekends of July 13th and 20th -- there are three places for each weekend nowhere near each other that will have test drives.