Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get my 2015 P85DL today! Can I use the supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the comments everyone! I got my P85DL yesterday and was having too much fun to post here :p (Holy crap, ludicrous is amazing!).

I drove to the closest supercharger last night, plugged in, and it supercharged without an issue -- seems like I should be OK for my road trip next week! The supercharged had a toll-free number for support -- in the case that something does mess up, could I get immediate support through the phone line (i.e. could they activate the supercharger for me) or is it like other Tesla phone numbers where it's impossible to get a human being?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I got my P85DL yesterday and was having too much fun to post here :p (Holy crap, ludicrous is amazing!).

I drove to the closest supercharger last night, plugged in, and it supercharged without an issue -- seems like I should be OK for my road trip next week! The supercharged had a toll-free number for support -- in the case that something does mess up, could I get immediate support through the phone line (i.e. could they activate the supercharger for me) or is it like other Tesla phone numbers where it's impossible to get a human being?
Congratulations!!!! Post some pictures please. I see you're in Ontario as well. There's a meet up organized by the Tesla Owners of Ontario club on August 25th if you're around. Its being hosted at 427 AutoCollision from noon to 3 pm on Sunday August 25th.

Considering you were able to charge last night, you'll be fine. Just enjoy the beast! Now you will have the permanent Tesla grin all the time.

Reactions: VifferFun
Here's a couple of pics -- it's such a fun car, I've never driven anything like it before! And I like the look with the used 21" Arachnids I picked up :)

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

For those who think you have the FUSC option code, is it still stored in your car's option code list? I only ask because It was in my car as listed on EV-CPO, but when I took delivery (back in 2018) it was no longer there and still isn't to this day. I do however have the SC01 option which is transferable free SC.

Per EV-CPO:
Charging
AD02 NEMA 14-50
CH01 Dual Chargers
FUSC Free Unlimited Supercharging
HP00 No Wall Connector
SC01 Free Supercharging

Per JSON API call:
"option_codes":"AD02,....,FG00,HP00,...,RFBC,SC01,SU01,...",

FUSC is no longer there.

For those that think you have it, is it still in your "option_codes" list?

If you have SC01 and not FUSC, Tesla chat told me the free SC is transferable and the FUSC is just an internal code that is no longer supported (whatever that means).

Even if his neighbor has multiple Teslas, he can use the secondary contact settings mentioned above to add access to individual cars. We have multiple cars on our account and recently sold one of them. We used the checkbox to indicate which car he could have access to until it is officially transferred to his account.

View attachment 439184

As I mentioned earlier, the changes take effect immediately and no call to Tesla is necessary.

I never knew this was an option. Thanks for posting.

For those who think you have the FUSC option code, is it still stored in your car's option code list? I only ask because It was in my car as listed on EV-CPO, but when I took delivery (back in 2018) it was no longer there and still isn't to this day. I do however have the SC01 option which is transferable free SC.

Per EV-CPO:
Charging
AD02 NEMA 14-50
CH01 Dual Chargers
FUSC Free Unlimited Supercharging
HP00 No Wall Connector
SC01 Free Supercharging

Per JSON API call:
"option_codes":"AD02,....,FG00,HP00,...,RFBC,SC01,SU01,...",

FUSC is no longer there.

For those that think you have it, is it still in your "option_codes" list?

If you have SC01 and not FUSC, Tesla chat told me the free SC is transferable and the FUSC is just an internal code that is no longer supported (whatever that means).

Before there were any SC0* option codes (back when all cars had FUSC, that is).. the only way to tell if a car had FUSC was to scrape the car's detail page for the text "Free Unlimited Supercharging". So, the option code FUSC is just a code that EV-CPO itself added to cars to keep track of which cars had it, and which ones did not.

It was never an official Tesla option code. So you'll never see it from the API or other source.

But then once Tesla started using the SC0* codes for free or pay-per-use supercharging, the FUSC was no longer needed, and no longer added to the option code list (although it still exists for many cars in the archived list).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SigRed12