Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get out of fsd beta software branch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I cancelled FSD subscription 6 mo ago and was in beta. I’m still getting the beta software, despite emailing [email protected].

How do I get out of the beta software? I’m hoping the regular software/firmware branch is more polished?

I now have enhanced autopilot, does fsd beta have any impact on that functionality?

Thanks

Reactions: Dcam
You can’t have both EAP and FSD at the same time, it’s one or the other. Which software version do you have now?
I agree that you can't have both active at the same time. I suspect what the OP is saying is that he/she has 2022.12.3.20 (which is the most common software version for FSD beta) and has quit paying monthly for FSD/unenrolled in FSD beta. He/she hasn't gotten an update to get onto the non-FSD software branch (something like 2022.16.3 or 2022.20.5). And he/she has paid for EAP, which will function on 2022.12.3.20 if you aren't paying for an FSD subscription.

Sorry for not being clear, I have 2022.12.3.20. I trialed fsd for a couple months, and got into the beta.

I canceled fsd subscription in January. Yet I am still on the fsd beta software branch 2022.12.3.20.

I’m hoping that the regular software branch is less glitchy? How do I get back on regular non beta software branch?

I understand EAP is different then FSD. I just want to have EAP, and get out of beta software branch.

Thanks for your responses and time.

It seems like you should have received an update by now. Try scheduling a service appointment in the app and request a software update, they might be able to push one to you. Make sure you explain why you’re asking for the update.
Well service punted and referred me back to fsd beta@tesla. Automated response saying please reply with vin, and you will be opted out. Fourth time I’ve done this!!! About had my fill of Tesla and their BS.

I was in FSD Beta with a monthly FSD subscription that I canceled in early July. I’ve been on 2022.12.3.20 for awhile. Last night I emailed [email protected] with my VIN and today when I got home, connected to wifi, and pushed the software tab on the controls screen, I started to download 2022.16.3. Could have been the email. Could have been coincidental.

Well you proved it can be done at least. Email didn’t work for me again last night. I’m going to drive like an ass today, maybe I can get kicked out.

Tesla customer service strategy, 1. Customer is always right, provided you never talk to them. 2 In the unfortunate event you need to talk to them, point finger at another department And direct back to automated system.

Still on beta software. Called Tesla 800 number today. He directed me to email [email protected]. Explained I’d been doing that since April.

Then he suggested making a service appointment. After informing him that they keep cancelling my service appointments. He actually suggested driving erratically and trying to get kicked out. I bet the legal department would love that…

• Funny
Reactions: jiehan and BnGrm
Success!!! Not sure what worked, but got out of the beta software today. Guy at Service center told me to turn off advanced software updates option. Not sure if this had anything to do with successfully getting out of beta or if [email protected] finally got there *sugar* together after almost 5 months of emails.
Wow, 5 months? That's so crazy.. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now.

After sending my 10th email, I get this auto response for the First time today. Of course I did what it says, and sent a Reply to Opt. Out with my VIN, and to Please push latest Non-Beta software......Waiting...

Hello,
Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.
To enroll: You must meet the following FSD Eligibility Requirements below andrequest access on your vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.
Vehicle must have Full Self-Driving Capability (subscription or one-time purchase)
  • Full-Self Driving Computer
  • Eligible Safety Score
  • At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer

FSD Beta is not transferrable. Your new vehicle must meet the FSD Eligibility Requirements, and you must request access via the “Request FSD Beta” button in the Autopilot menu. Please confirm your old VIN to remove the software – please note this will happen immediately.
To be removed from FSD Beta: If you would like to opt-out of the FSD Beta, please reply to this email with your VIN and we will process your request.

Our engineering teams are working hard at constantly improving Tesla vehicles. If you have any other concerns, please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

Thank you,

Tesla

Hello, I cancelled FSD subscription 6 mo ago and was in beta. I’m still getting the beta software, despite emailing [email protected].

How do I get out of the beta software? I’m hoping the regular software/firmware branch is more polished?

I now have enhanced autopilot, does fsd beta have any impact on that functionality?

Thanks
You are not alone, even those of us that paid full price have been screwed over!

Finally got an email from Tesla. 13 emails and three weeks later:

"Hi,
Your VIN has been removed from the FSD Beta Program.

Thank you,
Tesla

Now we just need to get the Normal Non-Beta software update.....we'll see how long that takes? Currently still on 2022.20.15 with no available FSD options showing on car Auto Pilot section. (also going to wait for a non-Beta software later than 2022.24.8, that has fixed the Electric Whine in the MSP reported by many).

Last edited:
Finally got an email from Tesla. 13 emails and three weeks later:

"Hi,
Your VIN has been removed from the FSD Beta Program.

Thank you,
Tesla

Now we just need to get the Normal Non-Beta software update.....we'll see how long that takes? Currently still on 2022.20.15 with no available FSD options showing on car Auto Pilot section. (also going to wait for a non-Beta software later than 2022.24.8, that has fixed the Electric Whine in the MSP reported by many).
Curious if you had a software update yet? Also how long did it take for the FSD Beta options to be removed? I was still on 10.12.2 when i sent the email to them very early this morning. To my surprise I got a response 20 minutes ago that my VIN was removed.

Hoping to finally get on production branch soon!