Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting extension on supercharger miles from initial purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to get an extension on the supercharge miles (1000) that they got when they purchased the MY? I got my car on 6/20/20 and due to the pandemic have not taken it on any long trips that would require using a supercharger. None of my local supercharges are convenient to use for weekly charging (10 and 14 miles from my house), so I've done all my charging at home. I did a chat with Tesla Customer Support and they said they couldn't extend the deadline. I was wondering if anyone here has had any success in getting the deadline extended? I don't think this is an unreasonable request, especially for someone that was in the initial delivery of the MY at the height of the pandemic and all the issues they had with doing deliveries at that time and not to mention the bath I took on my trade in. The more I deal with Tesla's customer service (or lack thereof) the less inclined I am to ever recommend them to someone else that is considering an electric vehicle. Granted I think these are some of the coolest cars made but they come at a price.

FWIW (and yes I get the "principle of the matter"), 1000 miles of supercharging is worth about $40-50. Sometimes people think these miles are worth more than what they are, from a financial perspective.

As for your thread question, I thought that tesla had extended time for people who purchased during the pandemic, but I was not following this closely so obviously am misremembering it.

I found some messages where referral miles were extended but not the ones from the initial purchase, so that may be what you are recalling. Yes, these aren't a lot of money and this is more about Tesla doing the right thing more than a monetary issue.