Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Ready to Place an Order, Have Some Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting ready to place my first EV order for a MYLR and have a few questions:

1) If you have placed an order, how long have you put delivery off for (if you have)?
I am contemplating ordering now to lock in at the current price, as I anticipate prices might be increasing due to demand, cost of parts, and possibly impending tax credit, however I have 5 months remaining on my current lease. Is this too early to place an order?

2) I know everyones overall feeling on leasing but it is what works best for me. With that being said, does anyone know in the past, when tax credits were available through Tesla if they passed those savings on in the lease? I know they are under no obligation to do so, however, when I had my BMW X5 35D, the dealer passed the tax credit on to me through the lease

Thank you for your help in advance.

There are no Federal Tax credits on Tesla, they have all been used up. As to ordering, first I would check to see what your lease payoff is, then check around for trade-in pricing from places like Carmax. When I bought my Tesla I make money on the trade since the payoff was less than the trade value.

Last edited:
There are no Federal Tax credits on Tesla, they have all been used up. As to ordering, first I would check to see what your lease payoff is, then check around for trade-in pricing from places like Carmax. When I bought my Tesla I make money on the trade since the payoff was less than the trade value.
Great Idea on the trade-in pricing.
I was referring to the possibility of tax credits coming back for EV's as part of the Infrastructure Plan - I know it might be a long ways off, but was just curious as what might have been done in the past

There are no Federal Tax credits on Tesla, they have all been used up. As to ordering, first I would check to see what your lease payoff is, then check around for trade-in pricing from places like Carmax. When I bought my Tesla I make money on the trade since the layoff was less than the trade value.
Hence why he said "possibly impending tax rebate". There are quite a few folks on here waiting to see if congress can get the new green and/or transportation bill passed as it could be anywhere from $7K to 10K. But I couldnt imagine anything getting to the floor until the summer if it does