Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting your license plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has it sent to your home by FEDEX requesting an adult only signature, which is archaic. For those of you who actually work for a living, it means, you will miss delivery on 3 consecutive days and then have to pick up your license plate at the FEDEX office. Welcome to the 1990's license delivery standards with 22nd century car technology. They should at least give you the option of home delivery w/o needing a signature.

Ours showed up by FEDEX over night, but we didn't need a signature. It most likely depends on the location.

I've had success in the past of leaving a note on the door with my signature after missing the first delivery - but it doesn't work every time.

Tesla has it sent to your home by FEDEX requesting an adult only signature, which is archaic. For those of you who actually work for a living, it means, you will miss delivery on 3 consecutive days and then have to pick up your license plate at the FEDEX office. Welcome to the 1990's license delivery standards with 22nd century car technology. They should at least give you the option of home delivery w/o needing a signature.

http://www.fedex.com/downloads/my/forms/signaturerelease.pdf

But still, I get your point.