Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ghosts in my machine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this earlier in the MX battery and charging forum but it’s gotten to weird to limit it to that location so starting over here to see if anyone has a similar experience. For about the last month my car has been doing the following, occasionally random but almost always after an update or any of the different “reboot” techniques.

Charge limit resets to 100% (really an problem, can’t just leave it plugged in anymore).
Odometer sets back 300 plus miles.
Trip miles and Wh/ml do not register but minutes do.
Automatic suspension lowering suspension resets to “always”.
Navigate on autopilot disables itself.
Map locates car at home regardless of actual location.
Occasional energy graph gets stuck.
Twice the dashboard reset the side things to “empty”.

Still love the car but, man, it’s getting frustrating.
Trying to get into service center this week or at worst I have a mobile appointment for mid August.

Any ideas?

Try getting a deep and double forced OTA update. The only way to get this to happen is with participation of Tesla on the phone they can queue you up back to back. This sometimes clears up strange issues.

They did this to recover my endlessly rebooting center console. The double whammy update stabilized it, otherwise I'd have been looking at getting the MCU replaced if that didn't take. The first update they did something "deep" with the package and applied it themselves OTA... I just watched. Console regained stability, but then Tesla said they're doing a double and queued it up again... which they then let me apply at my leisure when I got home and parked. But he was adamant and said "really do the apply when you get home". I did. Been good ever since (knock on figured ash dashboard).

How do you get the service folks on the phone to make such a request? I can’t find a number for service anymore, only the schedule link in the app. I called the nearest service center and the best option has been to select sales from the options and they have “passed on the message” to service but will not transfer my call. I guess I could call roadside assistance but that seems to be miss use of that resource.