Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gigafactory locations and products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693570542248.png

• Love
Reactions: CorneliusXX
Really good news, and I think we finally have an answer to why there has been so much production equipment stored at Giga Texas for quite a while

From a Joe video. wouldn't surprise me if that is a entire next gen prototype production line sitting right there, we have seen more stuff being stored there but hardly any being removed

It might start to get assembled once Cybertruck and second Model Y lines go into production

View attachment 972032

[link to article in tweet]

Until TMC handles X links/for search engines etc

Adrean in the Hat
@AdreanCG
"The plant that we announced in March, already delete it from the map, the new plan is going to be twice as big," Governor García said.

Invertirá Tesla el triple en NL - Vía
@elnorte
elnorte.com
Invertirá Tesla el triple en NL
Proyecto de Gigafactory de Tesla en Santa Catarina será de Dls. 15 mil millones, el triple de la inversión estimada, revela Samuel García.
4:25 PM · Sep 12, 2023
·

• Helpful
Reactions: Christine69420
Wouldn't be my choice, but I don't know what trade deals Turkey has for cars & battery storage with rest of Europe/Middle East & Africa etc. Geographically it is a bridge. Turkey has high inflation, I suspect that would make manufacturer's jobs harder.

Turkey is a vehicle exporter to the EU, Ford Transit vans especially as I recall. They probably have a lot of suppliers nearby, but not to the level of Berlin.

Recently Turkey started importing Berlin Model Ys which may have affected balance of trade figures (partially, couldn't account for more than a small fraction). Buying cars is a way to convert a falling currency into something real and many imported makes have probably benefitted.

Translated:-
Imports exploded, the 'deficit' in automobiles exceeded 3 billion dollars ‼️

🛑 In the first 7 months, automobile exports increased by 22.99% to 6.3 billion dollars, and imports increased by 149.05% to 9 billion 351 million dollars.

🛑 Foreign trade in automobiles, which had a surplus of 1 billion 364 million dollars in 7 months last year, went into a minus of 3 billion 54 million dollars this year.

🛑 The total automotive sector, including commercial vehicles and the supply industry, had a foreign trade deficit for the first time in 8 years due to the impact of automobiles. At the end of 8 months, the deficit was 311.5 million dollars.

🛑 The main reason for the shortage in automobiles
It was Germany, Spain and China.