Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giving reservation number to another rep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I gave my reservation number to a rep at a delivery center. He was providing good communication when I was asking about trade-in etc. But recently emailed asking about license plate (as I said I would keep my old one, but now just to save time said I would take a new one) he has not replied in two days.

But, a rep from another location who helped me in the past (he works in a showroom, not a service or delivery center) emailed me asking if I placed my order and if I did to share my RN number so he can track it.

I am assuming reps are provided a commission on deliveries or something and no one here may have the answer for this. But would it be wrong to provide the other rep with my RN number? I don't want any of the reps to be offended, but this other guy seems more on the ball.

Delivery center personnel and sales personnel (showroom) are different. It should be fine to provide the information to the sales rep who helped you. They dont work directly on commission is my understanding, but they do have sales targets etc and there may be some compensation for hitting those targets.

So, I gave my reservation number to a rep at a delivery center. He was providing good communication when I was asking about trade-in etc. But recently emailed asking about license plate (as I said I would keep my old one, but now just to save time said I would take a new one) he has not replied in two days.

But, a rep from another location who helped me in the past (he works in a showroom, not a service or delivery center) emailed me asking if I placed my order and if I did to share my RN number so he can track it.

I am assuming reps are provided a commission on deliveries or something and no one here may have the answer for this. But would it be wrong to provide the other rep with my RN number? I don't want any of the reps to be offended, but this other guy seems more on the ball.
Tesla used to do commission, but not anymore. I asked my sales rep how it works nowadays and apparently they got a small raise to compensate for the lack of commission (still not nearly as much as they used to make) and moved to a points system.

So, they get some sort of points, which are awarded to whoever's code was applied when you placed the order and paid the $100 fee.