Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glass roof super hot. Any way to reduce it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get it in my car, especially during extreme situations of sitting under direct sunlight for a long time. I ordered and installed a very nice roof shade system for those extreme hot months, and take it down the rest of the year.

TEMAI Tesla Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshades (2017-2020 Model 3) Amazon.com
Not sure about the Temai brand (which are out of stock), but I have these and they do very little to keep the car from getting hot while driving in central Texas.

I actually bought a set of a similar style to the one you have there (and still have them in the garage). I ended up switching after awhile to the Temai brand because of their looks — they’re colored exactly like the rest of the roof components — and supposed superior heat rejection capabilities.

Not sure about the Temai brand (which are out of stock), but I have these and they do very little to keep the car from getting hot while driving in central Texas.
Do yours have the silver material on the up facing side?
I don't even remember where I got mine but the top half is a silvery reflective material. Seems to work allright but I haven't actually tested it with a temp meter or anything.

BUT, the rear one I leave out, it flaps around too much if you roll a window down.