Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glass roofs have to go bye bye.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my doubts that this would help and of course it needs power for the blower.

1714057530956.png

As you can see the glass is cracking and water dripping inside. That is the real above&beyond damage that a glass roof will inflict compared to a metal roof. And of course if the glass roof cracks, the occupants are going to be hit too.

As you can see the glass is cracking and water dripping inside. That is the real above&beyond damage that a glass roof will inflict compared to a metal roof. And of course if the glass roof cracks, the occupants are going to be hit too.
Considering the windshield seems to be the most damaged and likely where the glass bits is coming in, and rear window is broken, I doubt that small glass part in the center matters. The windshield and rear window is going to need to be glass unless you make one of those cars that have no rear window (and uses cameras instead), but most people likely wouldn't prefer that.

Reactions: jboy210
My eight year old is a bigger threat to my glass roof than hail is.

I'd rather have a metal roof since most of the year I keep a sunshade installed and the glass isn't insulated. The only advantage glass has down here is that it doesn't have clearcoat to get damaged and look crappy after a few years (unlike our 2014 Odyssey which looks awful).

If I were really good with composites I'd make a carbon fiber replacement panel and paint it to match the car. Insulate the cabin side and close it out with a headliner. But I HATE working with composites.