Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitch enables the ability to do doughnuts and burnouts and drifts...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How to do doughnuts and burnouts in a Tesla? Here's how with a small glitch. The glitch is changing the wheel configuration

- Step 1 : Go to Menu, Service, Wheel configuration.
- Step 2 : Stay with the same size wheels but change the color of your wheels. Silver vs Sonic Carbon or whatever.
- Step 3 : The MCU will restart and the dash display will indicate all autopilot and safety features are disabled. Traction control and Stability management will be turned off. Stay seated.
- NOTE : Once you walk away from the car and re-enter the car and put the car back in drive all the settings will go back to normal. However, if you stay seated in your car after the MCU restart itll continue with all settings disabled. The dash will be lit up with every indication that safety is disabled.
- Step 4 : Do doughnuts and burn outs and drift. Safely. Dont be dumb.
- Step 5 : Get out of the car, lock the doors. No time needed to wait at all to go back in.
- Step 6 : Unlock doors, get back in the car and put in Drive. Everything will be back to normal and you can resume autopilot and safety features.
- Step 7 : Dont forget to go back to the original wheel color.

I tested this today and did my first AWD fast doughnuts in the snow with the Tesla.. Fantastic

No need to go through all that. It’s easy to do donuts in the snow if you enable slip start. For my first winter with my Model S, I wanted to test its handling in the snow, so I tried some controlled spins in an empty parking lot. It won’t break loose with traction control on, but it allows some very controlled spins and donuts with slip start enabled. I was very impressed at how the car would do exactly what I wanted in such snowy and icy conditions.

Reactions: pilotSteve
The Model S will break loose the rear end on a slippery surface even with AWD and even without disabling traction control. I have been surprised a couple of times when making a left turn out of a driveway onto a snow-covered road -- the rear end broke loose and I turned faster and further than i expected, requiring a quick correction. And I managed to do some deliberate modest donuts in a supermarket parking lot, again with no change in settings. Not as dramatic as the video, but still fun to take a couple of turns in the snow. (This is with all-season tires, not snows.)