Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitchy stuttering streaming music back again in 8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you tweeted it, seems that is the only way to get past the fortress that is Tesla support.

Please retweet :)

I’m on 12.1.1 with AP2.5 and MCU1 (s75D 2017) and I got this problem again. Had to revert back to bringing up the Easter egg sketch pad to temporarily fix it.

Similar fix to mine then.. by hiding maps background tasks it release cpu for the music to function.

It doesn’t seem quite as bad for me on 20.1
And I can completely make it stop now just by minimizing the music app.
A little annoying not having the music app up but I can still put it on the IC to see the song track and title.
Problem Not solved but much better now.
I was literally going out of mind before this on 16.2 and earlier

I am on 20.4 and most of the time it is unlistenable...no one minute of music without glitch or stutter...very annoying...it is like we have a fixed length pipe (mcu1) and tesla just pushing things on one end and we lose things on the other end....it is really that hard to get it work or they really dont give a dime for mcu1 owners ?

I've been asking Elon on Twitter for months now on the status of the MCU/2 Upgrade Program. I think we all need to send him a tweet about it as I think one person (myself) asking for it is not getting visibility.

Elon's Tweet ever 16 months ago = Elon Musk on Twitter

Here is my last tweet to Elon = Zubin Anary on Twitter
Previous tweets = Zubin Anary on Twitter and Zubin Anary on Twitter and Zubin Anary on Twitter and Zubin Anary on Twitter and Zubin Anary on Twitter and

I think we should all be sending him a tweet about the same topic... When is the MCU/2 Upgrade Program going to be made available?

Reactions: docl
I am on 20.4 and most of the time it is unlistenable...no one minute of music without glitch or stutter...very annoying...it is like we have a fixed length pipe (mcu1) and tesla just pushing things on one end and we lose things on the other end....it is really that hard to get it work or they really dont give a dime for mcu1 owners ?
Are you using sentry mode with a USB drive to record all cameras? I removed the USB drive and the glitches vanished. I assume the MCU has limited capacity.

More like bloated code being the problem, hardware needing an upgrade is always a programmers solution.
As well as really bad software architecture. In any kind of real time system that's actually supposed to work, there are a set of tasks that are time critical and they get what they need. For this system to stutter unless the user shuts off some background tasks or a UI display is absurd and a real indictment of the programmers' competence.

I've had that problem, particularly when streaming with Spotify since it was introduced to Australian cars. It happens very occasionally with Tunein. Often the stuttering requires a centre screen reboot to even stop it playing, the complete audio app is otherwise unresponsive. My MCU1 car still uses 3G, the problem never happens when there's full 3G reception, always happens when there's less than full reception. The problem used to be much worse, Tesla has improved it, but, it's still there.

Given that the audio player is the most used app in the car, it should be totally bullet-proof. It isn't.

As well as really bad software architecture. In any kind of real time system that's actually supposed to work, there are a set of tasks that are time critical and they get what they need.
Too true, I had one of those embarrassing moments showing the car to someone last week. Thankfully they didn't notice the yellow tinge on the screen edges, but they did notice when the screen buttons stopped being responsive. I knew what was about to happen, yep, a complete freeze and self reboot, who knew going in to change your suspension height could bring a system to its knees.
And since then Spotify has been giving me the can't log in error regularly, I don't remember WIndows 95 being this bad TBH.

What I have observed that with closed music panel it is better. Navi is on, traffic is on and now 95% of the time it stutter/glitch every 2 minutes when the traffic update happens (I think it is running 120sec). without live traffic it is even better. Still a shame....

Last edited: