Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitchy Touch Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

About a week ago i noticed my touchscreen open and closing things on its own, pausing music, moving the little car icon around..ect

I have removed the screen protector that was on the screen, rebooted this multiple times and reset the car both at stationary and whilst driving.

Anyone have any other tips and clues?

This has become so disruptive to driving that I have had to stop driving entirely till its sorted.

Edit: I dont believe any other apps besides Plugshare & Chargefox have access to the car.

I suggest you to give the screen a thorough clean, hopefully it’s just some dirt causing the phantom touches.

If you have any phone mount (MagSafe) near or attached to the screen I’d remove it.

If you’ve made sure absolutely nothing could be touch, applying pressure or interfering with the screen then it could be broken or defective. I don’t think any app would be able to affect your screen as you described.

Have you tried the wheel reset?
Last week my car wouldn’t calculate a navigation route, and would eventually give up and the navigation request would time out. I completed a wheel reset and it’s working fine again.
To complete a wheel reset open the car menu and select Service. Tap wheel configuration and select a different wheel to the type you have now and click confirm.
The screen will reboot multiple times and the message TPMS reset complete may appear at the end indicating it’s finished.
Repeat the process to return to your original wheel type.
I have a 2014 Model S and it will need a new screen soon as they won’t replace the 3G modem separately and I have been quoted $2,500.