TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Global Equities June 2013 and "TAAS" Concept

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Jun 17, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator

Mar 24, 2013
    Denali Highway, Alaska
    Many of you in the Investor Discussions sub-forum have been mentioning Global Equities and its TSLA coverage, including the presenting of their (???) concept of looking at TM as a provider of "Transport-as-a-Service".

I'm not sure I follow the thesis very understandably. Is this an analyst attempting to distinguish TM as a service provider rather than as a manufacturer? If so, than does s/he consider TM is more akin to a railroad/airline/shipping company? Is there a methodology for justifying including into share valuation the "overall experience" of a customer utilizing the vehicle, as opposed just to the boost to the bottom line that every auto sale represents for TM?

I am ambivalent here. Am not dismissing the concept, but neither am going to embrace it without further elucidation.

Any thoughts?
  2. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Nov 15, 2012
    San Diego
    I'd love to read their report in full. Anybody have access to it?
  3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I'm sure people know more than me, but their website says:

So I figure TAAS is analogous to software-as-a-service. I'm not sure this is accurate, especially with the hyperloop error. But specializing in tech and IT, they at least have some long-range vision of TM's potential compared to the usual analyst reports. Maybe they know something about the June 20th announcement that we don't?