Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Equities June 2013 and "TAAS" Concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Many of you in the Investor Discussions sub-forum have been mentioning Global Equities and its TSLA coverage, including the presenting of their (???) concept of looking at TM as a provider of "Transport-as-a-Service".

I'm not sure I follow the thesis very understandably. Is this an analyst attempting to distinguish TM as a service provider rather than as a manufacturer? If so, than does s/he consider TM is more akin to a railroad/airline/shipping company? Is there a methodology for justifying including into share valuation the "overall experience" of a customer utilizing the vehicle, as opposed just to the boost to the bottom line that every auto sale represents for TM?

I am ambivalent here. Am not dismissing the concept, but neither am going to embrace it without further elucidation.

Any thoughts?

I'm sure people know more than me, but their website says:

Global Equities Research is currently focused on global companies in the areas of:

· Internet
· IT Services
· Software

So I figure TAAS is analogous to software-as-a-service. I'm not sure this is accurate, especially with the hyperloop error. But specializing in tech and IT, they at least have some long-range vision of TM's potential compared to the usual analyst reports. Maybe they know something about the June 20th announcement that we don't?