Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox closing alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My glovebox functions perfectly, has since day one (June 2018). I don't use it much, just has insurance documents, etc.

However the alignment has started to bug me, it doesn't look as closed on the passenger side. I feel like the angle when I'm in the driver's seat looks worse than this picture does. I tried looking for any type of adjustment and tried to rig it to close a little better but still not that happy with it.

Has anybody had a similar issue? Any fix? I'm VIN 27xxx and noticed some old threads about the glove box opening up randomly on earlier models. Mine has never done that.

thanks in advance.

IMG_20190819_173714.jpg

I also have a June 2018 build. The problem you see requires a Ranger visit to replace the glove box. The plungers that hold the door closed do not have springs in them to force them out after retraction. Over time, the plungers don't pop back out far enough. I had the exact same problem and the Ranger explained the defect, which was fixed shortly after our cars were built.

Let me know if they fix it. I showed someone at the service center and he stated he didn't think anything could be done.
Open the glove box. Find the two plungers that hold the glove box closed. There is one on each side. While the glove box is open, press the “glovebox” open button again and watch the plungers. They should retract and push out fast. If they don’t come out fast or come out barely at all, you need a new glove box. This was a common issue with early Model 3s prior to July 2018. Mine was replaced summer of 2018.