Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I ended up with. I have Solar Panels so I felt it was fitting.

IMG_20200425_125006.jpg

It really would be stupid of the DMV to have both Os and 0s in license plates. If, say, JACKO and JACK0 were distinct plates, policing would be impossible. Some folks might like that. But it defeats the point of license plates in the first place.

The only vanity plate I was ever really happy with was my ham radio call sign. I quit using that (though I could have continued) when I stopped being active as a ham. Here in HI I get a special EV license plate which I like better than a vanity plate.

My mother had a plate with the name of her favorite 19th-century author, and so people thought that was her name.
I don't know if they still allow it but back in the late 80s/early 90s, Kansas allowed personalized plates per county. I can remember seeing SNAAB on a SAAB in Douglas County and then driving back to Wichita and seeing SNAAB on a different SAAB from Sedgwick County.

Impossible to do if you own a Performance model! LOL!

There's no law against getting to the speed limit quickly. You jut have to learn to take your foot off the pedal before the speedo says you're at the limit some the car accelerates quicker than the speedo can respond. (At least my Roadster did.)

I don't know if they still allow it but back in the late 80s/early 90s, Kansas allowed personalized plates per county. I can remember seeing SNAAB on a SAAB in Douglas County and then driving back to Wichita and seeing SNAAB on a different SAAB from Sedgwick County.

I don't see how that's possible. License plates are intended to uniquely identify cars. Unless the plates clearly distinguish the county you can't have two identical ones in the same state.

Brothers and Sisters....Where're you at?
View attachment 546834

???

I don't see how that's possible. License plates are intended to uniquely identify cars. Unless the plates clearly distinguish the county you can't have two identical ones in the same state.
The plates have a county sticker with a two character abbreviation so you can tell what county they are from. DG for Douglas, SG for Sedgwick, RL for Riley, etc. You can easily tell within 30 miles or so where any car in the state is from. You also can guess pretty accurately which city or town they are from!

With that said, I think vanity plates in Kansas are personalized statewide these days.

Attachments

• Kansas.jpg
    Kansas.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 103
Oh contraire...

Exhibition of Speed - 4 critical things to know

Depending on local/state laws.

Looks like you're okay as long as you don't burn rubber. Traction control should prevent that. :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Kansas still allows duplicate numbers to be used, and it seems to be a huge PITA

Kansas man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive

That's pretty stupid!