Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rego plates: Is it just me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Victoria driving my Tesla around quite a lot and I've noticed over the previous few months people are starting to have the same alphabet letters as me at the start of their number plates ( I have custom plates, hence a V-###.....is this just me or is this something Vicroads does with similar model cars?

It is not the model in NSW at least, is is just the order of registration. I see a lot of Teslas with the currently highest NSW rego number just because there are so many new Teslas out there and they are easy to spot. Have a look at other very new cars out there and see if it is more recency of manufacture rather than specific car

It's not unusual for a dealer to receive a bulk block of plates in sequential order, they then place them on cars they sell/deliver as necessary, and get a new block of plates when they're getting low. Because all Teslas are delivered from one or two delivery centres per state, those blocks will be a lot more obvious, being on 2 models of Tesla, versus 35 models of legacy brands.

Reactions: B3AU
It is not the model in NSW at least, is is just the order of registration. I see a lot of Teslas with the currently highest NSW rego number just because there are so many new Teslas out there and they are easy to spot.

And we’ve just gone through the “EVx-nnx” series in NSW. Very cool to see lots of Teslas out there with “EV” rego plates 😄

My neighbour across the road took delivery of his Model Y last month and his plates begin with “EY”. He doesn’t have offstreet parking either, but that didn’t stop him exiting the ICE age.

And we’ve just gone through the “EVx-nnx” series in NSW. Very cool to see lots of Teslas out there with “EV” rego plates 😄

My neighbour across the road took delivery of his Model Y last month and his plates begin with “EY”. He doesn’t have offstreet parking either, but that didn’t stop him exiting the ICE age.
For whatever reason it looks like they skipped the EVx and went to EWx, and then went back to the EVx afterwards
I saw EZx-nnx plates in Sydney this week.
An EZK on a Porsche this week!

My M3 came with EY as well. Delivered last week. The carrier was all Model 3s, sequential order. One for me and the rest were staff cars for Essential Energy.