Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from 20" Uberturbines to 19's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have these same 19" TS5 wheels with my winter tires on them. If you go into the car's settings under one of the menus (Service maybe?) you can select the Zero G wheels to change the car's picture to match your new wheels. This results in a reboot to update the car's odometer / speedometer. As long as your tire outside diameter is within spec (TSportline already took care of that) you're good.
That is awesome you can change the pic... I didn't even think about that! So the 19" TS5's with new rubber is the same or "close enough" to what I have now with the Uberturbine 20's ?

BTW you were right... Service > Wheel Configuration. After selecting the Zero-G, it waited a few seconds and then rebooted the system. Looks nice in-car and in-app!

Last edited:
Well, did you get the wheels? Pics???
I did! They arrived a few days later and took me about an hour to swap them out. My Tesla TPMS picked up the sensors within a mile or two of driving off. They arrived in excellent condition, and were good to go upon delivery!

I still miss my 20's but these are more practical and still look awesome.

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg

On another note, has anyone painted their brake rotor hats? I've never liked the gray and I've noticed (I think) the Model Y hats are black from the factory (or maybe some video I saw recently --- the guy did what I want to do).

I figure masking it off and hitting it with some black high temp engine paint would do the job, no?

dopo3.jpg