Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going solar is the best thing I did after Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in San Diego and we have the most ridiculous electricity/gas prices in the nation. Before solar I spent my home life thinking about power by not running or delaying the dishwasher, laundry, AC, etc. Power bills could easily be in the 3-400s just running AC. Not that I couldn’t afford it but it sucked seeing those bills and distracted me.

Now, I feel free. I can run the AC all day at 72 AND charge my car a reasonable amount without worry. I love it :)

Attachments

• IMG_3847.png
    IMG_3847.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 96
I would like to join you in owning Solar in San Diego but I’m off to a rough start. I had Tesla Solar in Austin and the order went fairly smoothly. Now in San Diego I started the process over a month ago and I’m still trying to upload an electric bill. I linked my SDG&E account and received endless text messages asking me to upload a bill, After a couple weeks I got a text saying my account failed to link, so I uploaded a bill only to receive daily Text messages to upload a bill. I’be now uploaded 4 x and I’m still getting messages to upload a bill. I’m hopeful, if they ever get my electric bill, step 2 will be easier.

if anyone has a phone number for San Diego help, I’d appreciate it.

I had to use their live chat and email system. Once you get an email response you just have to be super logical. I had to tell Tesla to use their optical imaging sensors - aka eyeballs - and read the documents. They may farm work out to 3rd parties who have no clue what’s going on.

California NEM 3.0 is wiping out a lot of the monetary incentive to install solar and ESS, but the quality of life improvements remain. I can't stress enough how stupid it is for the California PUC to encourage people to just "sit there" as a means to manage their energy consumption from 4 to 9pm. Pure idiocy coming from our policymakers.

1699725495176.png